The Girl With The Dungeons And Dragons Tattoo

**Just to let you guys know: from now on, any chance I get, I'm going to use a title from one of the episodes for my chapters. Just for fun. ;)**

Dean's POV

After we sat down, a waitress came up to our table. She was an older woman, a little pudgy, and her hair was beginning to grey. Unfortunately in these kind of restaurants, you just don't get hot waitresses. She took our order quickly. I got my all time favorite, a bacon cheeseburger as well as Amber and Arya. Sam, like the nerd he is, got a salad because its 'healthy.' Dakota must really love Sam from the books because she also got a salad. She didn't seem like a salad eating kind of girl, though. Then, like always, Cas got nothing.

When the waitress left to bring our order to the kitchen, we told Arya the story. Again. I seriously think it would have been easier to tell the story to Arya and Dakota at the same time. Now, I'm hearing that Arya has a brother, Phil. I swear, if I have to tell this story one more time, I'm gonna blow my brains out.

As we explained the story, with some help from Dakota and Amber, Arya listened intently. She seemed calmed down now and not so... What's the word? Psychotic. She was taking in every word, carefully considering it.

"So, you guys have no idea what Amber's part in this is? Just that she is a part of it?" She asked, trying to get things straight.

I nodded. "Yup. A girl's hearing voices in her head about us and Metatron, that's kind of a big deal."

"Well, do I get to help?" I sighed, leaning back in my chair. Here we go again. I looked to Amber, who was sitting across from me. If she wanted Arya with us, she would tell her, but I doubt she would say so in front of her sister. She nodded her head, understanding what I was getting at.

"Look, Arya..." She hesitated. "I understand how exciting this must sound but its also dangerous. I can't risk you or my sister's lives over some voices." She explained carefully, not wanting to offend her friend.

"I understand, but you don't have to take care of me. No one's ever taken care of me. I do that on my own." I could tell how desparate she was to help. I liked that about her. She definitely seemed like the warrior type but training Amber and dealing with Metatron at the same time would be hard enough.

Amber looked like she was about to give in. Dakota noticed this too because she looked hopeful. Apparently, she thought that if Arya convinced Amber to let her help, then Amber would have to let Dakota help. I knew how things like that end. It would end up getting Dakota, and most likely Amber, killed.

I glanced around the table and caught Sam looking at me. He was thinking the same thing. We couldn't let anyone else come with us. "Arya, we get that you wanna help out, we do. You wanna fight, but Amber's right." Sam coaxed. He was always good at getting people to understand things that they didn't want to. "This is entirely too dangerous, and we can't protect you."

Arya turned to me for help, and I gave her a small smile, urging her to do the right thing for herself. She sighed in defeat. "Alright. Can I atleast help with the behind the scenes stuff? Like research."

I nodded. "Of course, that's what Koda's doing. It doesn't seem like we could talk either of you out of it completely so why not?"

Both girls chuckled as the waitress finally brought our food. That took forever. What are they doing back there, roasting a turkey? I rubbed my hands together as she placed my burger in front of me. "Alright!"

I looked at everyone else as they got their food. "Let's dig in!" We all smiled and started eating. It had taken so long to explain everything to Dakota, then get it through Arya's thick head that we were real, and then explain it all to her that it was already almost noon. I'm sure we were all starving.

"So, Dean." Arya said between mouthfuls of burger. "Met any girls lately?" I chuckled, and she smirked. "Well, you three, but that's not what you meant now is it?"

She smiled, shaking her head. "Well, no then. I've had my hands full but I've gotten my fair share of the fun train in the past month."

She nodded in acknowledgment and continued eating. I stared at her, waiting for her to continue. I noticed she had grey eyes, almost an icey blue. Her hair looked like it had just been cut. It was really short and brown and it looked awesome. She glanced up and noticed me staring at her. "What?" She asked, swallowing her last bite.

"Oh nothing. It just sounded like you were implying something." I turned back to my burger.

"Oh, you think I meant...?" She stopped midsentence. Obviously, I understood what she was about to say. "No! Of course not!" So, I misunderstood that. I was a little confused though. She was sending me mixed messages.

"I just find it kind of amusing." She giggled. Before answering her, I noticed the others were having there own conversation. I didnt even notice that Cas had left. Good. I wanted to get to know Arya better. "Oh really? Most girls would be honored to sleep with me." I said proudly. She laughed, of course.

"I'm not most girls." I could tell my relationship with Arya was going to be a bit different than I thought. It would be more on a friendly level than romantic level. I didn't care though.

"So, you're telling me, that you're not the least bit tempted by this hunk of pure gorgeousness?" I asked playfully, motioning to my body and face. She chuckled. "Nope. You seem more like a best friend or brother than a boyfriend."

"Well that's good, sweetheart, cause I don't do well with girlfriends."

"Right." She said, acting like she knew everything about me. Which, of course, was technically true because she literally read me. "You're a drink, bang, and ditch kinda guy."

"Hey, I do well that way!" I defended myself. "And the hot chicks don't seem to mind anyway." I added, shrugging.

She laughed. "I never imagined I would actually be having this discussion with you. Or any discussion, for that matter."

We all finished up our lunches, and the waitress came back, asking about dessert. Fortunately, everyone wanted pie. Even Sam and Dakota. Predictable. This was just my lucky day. We all got our pie and ate in silence. No one dared ruin the glorious moment that was eating pie.

We finished up and payed the check, then left. It was about 12:45 and we had all day to do whatever. It was our first break in a while, Sammy and I. A whole day to ourselves, with some new friends. And what was weird was, I actually trusted them, unlike all the other new people I first meet. It was weird.

"What do you guys wanna do first?" Dakota asked, giddy with excitement. This must be a dream come true for her. I looked at Sam, who shrugged. I rolled my eyes and urged him to take the lead. If anyone knew this place besides these girls, it was Sam.

"How long have you girls lived in Stanford?" He asked them.

They looked at eachother then back at Sam. "Well, Dakota and I have been here for quite a few years. She came with me when I started college. And Arya... She's been here since she learned how to drive." Amber explained with curiosity.

"How well do you know this town?" Sam pressed on.

"Not that well. Amber and I have had school and Arya's had her job. We haven't really had time to really look around." Dakota answered him. All three girls were getting anxious. I knew what Sam was doing. This was practically his town. He was going to be the tour guide.

"Well, then, have I got a ton to show you!" He told them. "I did live here once, and I got around." He grinned at them. I noticed his eyes were mainly on one person, specifically. It was Dakota. Ooh, Sammy. That's mah boy. I thought. Good thing we were sticking around. He could get to know her better.

"Follow me ladies. You're carriage awaits." We all laughed as we headed for the Impala.