Fun and Mysterious

Amber's POV

I pulled the car into the parking lot of the Frost Amphitheatre. It was basically just a huge auditorium. Everyone in Stanford, California had their parties here, especially the University kids. This was actually where the annual Stanford University Masquerade Ball was held.

I drove to the front of the building where the first row of parking spaces were. The people that own the building usually had a reserved spot for the person that's throwing the party. They even had a sign up in front of the parking space. 'Reserved for Birthday Girl: Amber Knight.'

I parked the car in my spot and turned the key. Everyone started getting out of the car, excited to party. I turned around to look at the parking lot. It was packed. I hadn't realized I invited so many people. "Well," Dakota said, "lead the way, birthday girl!" I laughed and walked ahead of them. They all followed me to the door.

When we got inside, we stopped to marvel at the scene before us. The place was packed with people. There were multi-colored strobe lights all around the room and tons of really cool Halloween decorations. There were also some of those fun but cheesey decorations like the bowl of snacks with the hand attached that grabs you when you stick your hand in. There were a ton of black and orange streamers hanging from the ceiling, too. I looked around at all the tables set up. There were about five snack tables and one table stacked with presents. I guess those are mine. I thought, smiling. There was even a tub for bobbing for apples. And like every good party, there was a keg stand.

"So, what do you think?" Dakota asked. She had been the one to arrange everything. Everyone chipped in money-wise and had hired some people to decorate the place. "It..." I hesitated, nearly speechless. "Its amazing, Koda." Dakota shot me a big grin.

Suddenly, there was a big light shining on me. "Ladies and gentlemen, the birthday girl has arrived!" Arya? I turned around and Arya was no where to be found. I hadn't even noticed that she left. "Everyone give it up for Amber Knight! Our fallen angel!" Everyone cheered and a bunch of people yelled 'Happy Birthday.' "Now, let's get this party started!!" Arya shouted and then my favorite song was playing: 'Angel with a Shotgun' by The Cab. Dakota pulled me into the crowd. "Come on, let's have some fun!" I laughed and went along as Arya rejoined us.

"What was that about?" I asked her, laughter in my voice. "You're the birthday girl!" Arya reminded me. "You gotta have an introduction!!"

"She tried to get me to do it but you know how I am in front of people." Phil added, making a face that said 'Ahh! People! Shrinking. Into. Shell. Now.' I laughed. "Its ok Phil, you've done enough just by being here!"

We all danced, talking and laughing, for the next few songs, most of which were Classic Rock, my favorite kind of music. The current song was 'Highway To Hell' by AC/DC. "I'm gonna go get some punch!" I shouted over the music. "Kay!" They all shouted back in unison.

I broke away from the crowd and walked over to the punch table. I poured myself a glass and took a sip, watching everyone having fun. Suddenly, I got this searing pain in my head. I dropped my punch and put my hands to my temples. As soon as I did that, the pain stopped. 'Hummmmmmmmm.' I heard a humming sound in my head along with a few whispers I couldn't make out. 'Castiellll....' Then there were more unidentifiable whispers. Great, the voices are back. I thought. I hadn't heard the voices since the last time I saw Cas.

Sure enough, there was Cas standing across from me, at the table with all my presents. Well, that's weird. I thought. Its almost like I hear the voices right before I see Cas...

He had his back towards me, looking at my presents. The only thing new about his outfit were the white wings attached to his trench coat. I walked up to him and tapped on his shoulder. He turned around to face me. "Hello, Amber. Happy birthday." He grabbed my hand and kissed it, just as he had done on our first date. "Thanks." I told him, then I looked at his wings. "So, I'm loving your wings." I smiled and let out a small giggle, stroking his fake, feathery wings. Cas smiled in return. "Thank you. It was short notice but they work."

"So, you wanna go dance or something?" Castiel looked at the crowd of people then back at me. "Of course."

We joined everyone as 'Secrets' by OneRepublic started playing. It was somewhat of a slow song.

We stood a little ways away from Dakota, Arya, and Phil. I didn't want them interrupting. I did catch Dakota's eye, though, and saw her wink. I rolled my eyes and looked back at Cas, wrapping my arms around his neck. He, then, put his arms around my waist. He stared at me for a moment, taking in my costume. "You look very beautiful tonight." I blushed. "Thanks... I worked really hard on this costume while Koda was always on my shoulder reminding me to 'make it sexy.'" I laughed and Cas chuckled.

"Well, I'd say mission accomplished." I smiled, noticing that he was trying to be suave like Dean. We just stared at each other for a few seconds. I loved to look at his eyes. They were so blue. Then slowly, Cas leaned in and kissed me.

'Tell me what you want to hear! Something that'll light those years! Sick of all the insincere! I'm gonna give all my secrets away!' The song sang. My lips melted into his, softly. When we broke apart, I smiled at him. "Well, well." Cas chuckled at that. Then the song ended. "Will you excuse me for a moment?" Cas asked. I nodded, feeling slightly awkward that he left right after we kissed.

Cas walked away, and I turned to meet my friends only to see them turn away quickly. I laughed then walked up to them. "I know you guys were watching."

"Whaaaat?!" Arya asked, trying to sound shocked at that accusation. Dakota butted in. "We merely looked to see how you were doing and turned away so you wouldn't think we were being weird!" I gave her the 'Seriously?' look and crossed my arms. "Ok, fine we saw!"

"Um, correction." Phil added. "They saw. I respected your privacy." I smiled at him gratefully.

"Sooo? How was it?!" Dakota asked, eagerly. I chuckled. "Can we talk about this when we aren't in a room full of people, consisting of Castiel?"

"Alright, fine." Dakota gave in.

Then the voices started again. 'Metatronnnn....' Now that was new. Who's Metatron? I thought. I hadn't heard of him before, not in the books. Not anywhere. At first I had thought that it was just my obsession with the Supernatural books but now I wasn't so sure. I looked around for Castiel and saw him reentering the building. Everytime I heard the voices, he seemed to show up. I looked back to my friends. "Will you guys excuse me for a minute?" I walked away before they could give an answer.

I started walking towards the back door, trying to catch Castiel's eye. When he finally saw me, I motioned for him to meet me outside.

*****

"Amber?" Castiel said from behind me, causing me to jump again. I turned around to face him. "Jeez, stop doing that!" He looked at me, concern all over his face.

I let out a long breath, knowing he had to have some answers but nonetheless nervous. "Ok, so you wanna explain to me why I keep hearing these voices in my head?"