Love is an Open Door

**Amber's journal entry

November 26, 2013
So, today is Phil's birthday! Yay! We're throwing a little party for him at his apartment. He's not really a people person so we're just inviting a few people. For the past few days, he's actually gotten to hang out with us more so he's better friends with Sam, Dean, and Cas. Speaking of which… I haven't really talked to Dean that much since that night. I've been playing it cool around Cas, but the truth is I have no idea what to do. I mean, I kind of owe it to Cas to tell him the truth or at least be with him but is that really fair to Dean? They both deserve a chance… I just - I need to at least get through this party. For Phil.

Arya's POV

Phil and I were back at the apartment setting up. Everyone else, meaning Amber, Dakota, Sam, Dean, and Cas, was out getting food and anything we might have missed. It was just a little after noon. Phil and Dakota only had one class today, and it was in the morning so everything worked out perfectly.

I walked downstairs to hang up some streamers. Phil was in the kitchen doing I don't even know what. Possibly making a sandwich since it was about time for lunch. I had my music playlist on shuffle and suddenly heard a familiar tune. I immediately dropped the bundle of streamers I had in my arms.

"Oh my gosh! Phil, this is our song!" I exclaimed. I ran up to the doorway of the kitchen and poked my head in, singing the first line.

'All my life has been a series of doors in my face!

And then suddenly I bump into you!'

I stepped into the kitchen. He smiled, walking around the island and joining in with Hans' part. 'I was thinking the same thing! Cause like,' He spoke and then sang. 'I've been searching my whole life to find my own place. And maybe it’s the party talking, or the chocolate fondue!'

He leaped over to me and stood in front of me with his back to me. I giggled and hopped on top of him, wrapping my arms around my brother's neck. He began running around the apartment, holding his arms out like an airplane. Just like we used to do when we were kids. 

'But with you!' I sang, and then he echoed. 'But with you…'

'I found my place.' He sang at the same time I sang, 'I see your face.' Then we both sang the chorus together along with our separate parts, swerving around all the furniture in the living room. 'And its nothing like I've ever known before!

Love is an open door!

Love is an open door!'

Then we split off again before singing together. 'With you!

With you!

With you!

With you!

Love is an open door!'

Phil plopped me down on the couch and then sat down next to me. He started making these funny faces as the music played, and I couldn’t help but laugh. Then he jumped up on the couch, looking down at me.

'You know what's crazy?'

I placed my face in my hands with my elbows on my knees. 'What?'

'We finish each other's--'

'Sandwiches!' I finished, standing up on the couch to face him.

'That's what I was gonna say!'

He held out his hands, and I grabbed them. Together we jumped off the back of the couch. I swear, when songs like this came on, we were kids all over again. This was the Phil that not many people got to see.

'I've never met someone--'

'Who thinks so much like me!' We sang together, then pointed at each other. 'Jinx! Jinx again! Our mental synchronization…' We did the robot together like Anna and Hans in the movie. 'Can have but one explanation!'

'You--'

'And I--'

'Were--'

'Just--'

'Meant to be!'

We skipped into the kitchen, holding our arms out as we went to opposite sides. 

'Say goodbye…!' I sang and then once again Phil echoed. 'Say goodbye…!'

'To the pain of the past!' We sang, running at each other as we sang the next line and the chorus. 'We don’t have to feel it anymore!'

'Love is an open door!

Love is an open door!

Life can be so much more!

With you!

With you!!

With you!!!

With you!!!!

Love is an open door!'

Phil walked up to me and grabbed my hands. 'Can I say something crazy?' I giggled in sync with Anna, nodding my head. Then, completely unexpected, Phil got down on one knee and said, 'Will you make me a sandwich?'

I sighed, slumping my shoulders and just ignored the rest of the song. Boy, he must have been really hungry. "Damnit Phil, you ruined it!" I exclaimed jokingly. He smiled and chuckled, getting up on his feet.

"Um…" I heard a deep voice say from behind me. I spun around to see Amber, Dakota, Dean, Sam, and Cas standing in the doorway holding a bunch of bags.

I pointed at them. "You saw nothing." I said. They held up their hands in defense, trying not to laugh. They came into the living room as I retreated to the kitchen. This is what I get for giving a key to Amber and Dakota. Although now with Sam and Dean it probably wouldn’t have mattered.

Now all we had to do was finish setting up and get the food ready. It would be a small party, but it would be fun. Only a few other people were coming so it's mostly just going to be us but that’s alright. In my opinion, every day is like a party now. Just without all the decorations and awesome food right there in the kitchen. 

**SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR THE UNEXPECTED HIATUS!! I feel like I apologize every time I take forever to update, but I really do feel bad every time I make you guys wait!! This was completely unintentional… My parents just kind of randomly decided I'm too young for Supernatural so they made me STOP WATCHING IT. YEAH I KNOW. But don't worry. Ol' Sky's got her ways. ;) Anyway, my mom decided that my fanfics would be a part of that punishment so she refused to put wattpad back on my nook and for a time, it was blocked on the network. It just randomly got unblocked so… I'll take advantage of that.

I am able to get on at school though so that will be when I type up my chapters. I will have the most time to do so during PE on Tuesdays and Fridays. I have it on Wednesdays too but that's when I watch Supernatural. Shhhhhh. ;)

Back on topic of the chapter: I'm really sorry for the crappiness of this chapter. For some reason I'm not very good at writing… "musical" chapters. It always turns out crappy. Especially for a song like this with 2 different parts. 

How'd you like it though? I realize there isn't very much of the Bolemans, and I'm hoping to change that in the sequel. I had thought of this chapter way before I started writing. I was working on developing Arya with my friend Gabby when we came up with the idea. It was more her than me, but it was still an awesome and adorable idea. :)

So… I'll try to update again soon. I actually haven't finished writing the next chapter. I know. Crazy, right? I've had all this time, and I haven't finished. But yeah. I'll be updating my other books as well. Sometime in the next 2 weeks. The next chapter of Winchester 3.0 is kind of long so that's why I'm not sure if I'll update that this week or next.

Until the next chapter… I'll see you soon my Little Fallen Angels ;)

~~Sky~~