The Journal

Sam's POV

I blinked open my eyes and rubbed the sleep from them. I sat up, looking around the room. It took me a moment to realize I was still at Amber and Dakota's apartment. I looked down at my half drunk beer. I wondered how long I had been out. Then I realized that no one else was in the room. Or even the kitchen.

"Dean?" I called. No response. He had to be here somewhere. "Dean!" I called again. Nothing. I walked up the stairs. They wouldn't have just left without leaving a note or waking me up. I walked past Amber's slightly open door and then back tracked. I pushed the door open a little more and saw Dean sitting on her bed, reading something.

"Dude, what are you doing?" I asked, leaning against the doorframe and crossing my arms. "What does it look like? I'm reading." He replied without looking up.

"In Amber's room?" I asked. "I like it in here." That was all he said. I let out a sigh of disbelief. Then I noticed the 'book' Dean was reading had a leather bound cover with an A on it. A for Amber.

"Aw come on, dude. Are you seriously reading Amber's diary?" For a guy that didn't want to steal his best friend's girl, he sure was obsessive and stalker like. "Um, she prefers the word journal. She said so in here." Dean said matter-of-factly, finally looking up. I rolled my eyes. "Ok, what are you doing with Amber's journal then?"

"I overheard her, Arya, and Koda talking about Zorro. As in, me Zorro. I got curious, came to check out her room when they left, and found this sitting on her bed." He explained. My eyes slid over to the open, lit up closet. Some clothes were pushed to the side and a cabinet was open in the back. I looked back at Dean. "Yeah, I'm so sure." He shrugged.

"Sam, check this out. 'Two days have passed since the party. I still haven't found my Zorro.'" He read from her journal. Honestly, it was kind of creepy how he made his voice slightly high pitched to try to match Amber's. "They're looking for him. I mean me." He sounded shocked. I sighed. He had to have seen this coming. I mean, a girl meets a mysterious stranger like Zorro and kisses him, then doesn't see him again? Yeah, she's probably extremely curious.

"Dean, you're gonna have to tell her. What happens if she finds out on her own? And what about Cas? Eventually, he's gonna find out she's been looking for this guy, and he'll know exactly who it is." I told him. I know this was the last thing Dean wanted to do for the sake of Amber and Cas, but he had no choice. One of them, or both, was going to find out eventually and it would be better if it was from Dean.

He closed her journal and set it on the bed, then stood up, combing his fingers through his hair. "I can't do that, man. Not when Amber's with Cas."

"Dean, I know how you feel about her. I can see it when you look at her. Why don't you give her the chance to choose who she wants? If she chooses Cas, you'll understand. If she chooses you, he'll understand." I urged. He needed to listen to me. This was the only way. Amber deserved to make her own choices and this was one of them. Clearly, she had feelings for Zorro so that meant she had feelings for my brother. She also had feelings for Cas though.

"I just..." Dean began, not sure what to do or say. I gave him a look, urging him to listen to me. He sighed. Looks like I finally got to him. "Fine, I'll talk to her when she gets back. But you better not eavesdrop! Go canoodle with Koda or something." I chuckled as he pushed past me to walk back downstairs. He always had to bring my relationship with Dakota into this.

I quickly grabbed Amber's journal and placed it in the cabinet. Then I pushed the clothes back together and closed the door, the lights automatically turning off with the closed door. I walked back to the hallway, checking to make sure everything was in place. Then I turned off her light and shut her door before walking downstairs to join Dean.

**Hey guys! Sorry it took so long to update. Longer than usual anyway. This past weekend was pretty busy, and I wanted to make sure I had at least one new chapter written for each story before updating. So, I'll be updating my other two stories next. :)

I hope you liked this chapter. I wrote it to show what I'm leading up to. The fun's about to start. Ok, this whole story is fun but whatever xD.

I'm really sorry I haven't really written any chapters about finding her grace, or Metatron, or even hunting. Sam and Dean just want to avoid taking her on a hunt right now and also they all want to avoid Metatron. Plus, she still doesn't know what to do about the grace. I have a few chapters already planned that come after this one so after those I'll try to write one that has to do with finding her grace.

Don't forget to vote, comment, fan, and all that other good stuff!! Until the next update.... (Psst. More fluff soon to come. I'm spoiling you guys but whatevs :)
~~Sky~~