I'm No Angel

Amber's POV

"Amber. Wakey, wakey!" A soft, yet annoying voice said. I opened my eyes and immediately tensed up when I saw Metatron standing in front of me. "Finally! I thought you were going to sleep for days!" He stepped back and sat on the edge of his desk.

"Where the hell am I?" I asked, looking around the room. It looked like a study. There were shelves stacked with books, as well as books stacked on the ground. To my right, there was a burning fireplace. The desk that Metatron was sitting on was covered with papers and other books and right in the middle of it was a big typewriter.

"My home, of course!" He said, getting up and going to sit down at his desk. "And this lovely room right here, is my office."

"We're in Heaven?" I asked, shocked.

He chuckled. "Oh, no, no, no, honey. I don't bring guests there." I looked at him curiously, waiting for him to tell me exactly where we were. He sighed. "We're still on earth, honey." I nodded in acknowledgement then remembered he didn't exactly invite me here for a slumber party.

"What do you want with me?" I asked angrily. I don't know what I had to do with this. I understood that I was apart of it somehow because of the voices but I was no asset. What could a simple little human do to help an angel?

He smiled at me and held up his hands. "You think I'm the bad guy, but I'm not. I simply want your help." He pointed to my arms. I looked down and noticed for the first time they weren't tied up. He didn't restrain me in any way. "See? I'm not trying to hurt you."

I put my hands in my lap. "You just know that I can't escape, no matter what I do." I spat, moving my eyes around the room. I didn't want to look at him.

"True, you'd be stupid to try. I just need to ask you some questions." He sounded like he was coaxing me to trust him. I would never trust him. The bastard kidnapped me, for crying out loud! I waved my hand for him to continue. I figured I wasn't getting out of here anytime soon and whatever he asked me, I could handle.

"Excellent." He said, grinning and rubbing his hands together. "Good choice." He got up from his desk and started walking around the room. I followed him with my eyes but stayed seated.

"First question: What are you doing with Sam and Dean?" I thought about that carefully but answered quickly so he wouldn't think I was lying. Technically, I wasn't, just leaving out details.

"Well, I've read the Supernatural books and then I met Cas." I stopped right there, but he stayed silent so I could only take that as a means to continue. "I thought it was weird that his name was Castiel and that he dressed as Castiel so I let him know of my suspicion and he took me to Sam and Dean."

He nodded slowly, then turned to ask the next question. He noticed I was still sitting and not facing him. "Honey, this isn't an interrogation. Get up! Move around!" He motioned around the room as an invitation. I stayed where I was and he shrugged. "Suit yourself. Next question: Who are you?"

I looked at him like he was insane. He knew who I was, otherwise he wouldn't have kidnapped me. "Amber Grace Knight." I replied casually. He shook his head vigorously and waved his hands in the air. "No, that's not the answer I was looking for."

I stared at him, confused. What other answer could he possibly be looking for? "Who is Amber Knight?" He asked. I kept staring at him, not answering. I didn't understand what he wanted to hear. "Ugh. What are you?" He sighed in frustration, clarifying his question.

"Um... A girl?" I asked. I still didn't understand what he was getting at.

"Yeah, well I can see that." He replied, then repeated the question. I shrugged and just replied, "A human being." He immediately stopped walking and turned to face me, pointing at me. "Wrong!"

Now I was really confused. "No, I'm pretty sure." I told him. He shook his head. "How do you explain those little voices that are talking inside that brain of yours?"

"Um, I don't know. Its weird, I guess but I'm pretty sure that doesn't make me any less human." I replied casually, still extremely confused. On the inside I was freaking out, but I wouldn't let this douchebag see that.

"Oh, but I think it does." He said. He walked over to me and leaned forward, his hands on the arms of the chair, supporting his body weight. His face was inches from mine. I inhaled and exhaled quickly. I could feel my heartbeat getting faster. I wanted this creep away from my face.

"Are you a nephilim?" He asked quickly, eyeing me suspiciously.

"A what!?" I asked, appalled. What the hell was a nephilim?

He stepped back. Thank God. "You know, the offspring of an angel and a human?" He pressed.

"That's possible?" I asked. Last I checked, angels couldn't produce offspring. This guy must be off his meds.

He sighed. "Yes, of course it is. And only one exists at a time." He explained.

"Well, I'm fairly certain both of my parents are human. They've never shown any visible signs of being huge dicks. They eat, they sleep." I told him, adding extra emphasis on the word 'dicks.'

He started tapping his chin, thinking. "Well, good. Nephilim are an abomination. I would've had to kill you."

"Well, that's good to know." He smiled at my tone. His smile was so creepy, it gave me chills. And not the good kind. He started walking around the room again. He stayed quiet for a while, thinking about what to say next.

"What have these voices been saying?" He finally asked. I decided to twist my answer a bit. He didn't need to know I heard his name. He would never let me go if he knew that.

"Nothing really. Just a bunch of jumbled up whispers."

"Nothing about me?" He asked.

"Nothing that I can remember." Ok, so that time I just flat out lied. But hey, this guy didn't deserve to hear the truth. I didn't trust him, and I just wanted to get back home.

"Hmmm...." I really hope that meant he was done with questions. "Are you an angel?" He asked. Guess he wasn't done. I sighed. I had already been through this with Sam and Dean.

"Don't you think you would've known if I was an angel?" I asked, getting more annoyed by the second.

"Of course, of course." He answered. He walked up to me and place his hand on my head. "Hey, what the hell-?!" I started but he cut me off.

"Shhh... I'm looking." He closed his eyes, and I felt a weird buzz going through my head. What the hell was he looking for? He took his hands away and slumped a little. "Nothing. How is there nothing there?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked. Now he was just babbling. "I told you there was nothing special about me."

"It would appear so... Well, you're no use to me." He held up two fingers and placed them to my forehead. I didn't have time to protest because as soon as he touched me, everything went black.