The Note From Cas

Amber's POV

October 28, 2013
It’s 3 days until my birthday. I haven’t heard from Cas since the day I invited him to my party. I wonder if I made him feel too weird….? I texted him everything he needs to know about the party, haven’t gotten anything back. I hope he shows. Koda’s still sleeping. She has class again this morning. I guess I better get up and get dressed. I’m meeting Arya and Phil at the usual place. Phil just got back from visiting his parents. He doesn’t have class this morning, like Koda, so Arya and I are going to hang out with him. Hopefully he’ll come to my party…

I got out of bed and hid my journal in the usual place: a tiny cabinet built into the wall behind all of my clothes in my closet. It’s very convenient. I pulled out a black and white flannel shirt, a pair of jeans, and my favorite leather jacket. My style has always been like this, but I've gotten used to wearing these kinds of clothes more often, ever since I started reading Supernatural. I got dressed slowly, and ran my fingers through my hair, which had always been easy to style on a normal day. As I laced up my combat boots, I heard a soft knock on the door. “Yeah?”

Dakota opened the door and stepped in, still wearing her pajamas. “You ok?”

I stopped lacing my boots and looked up at Dakota. “Koda, why do you keep asking me that?”

“Well…” Dakota started, a little nervous at my tone. “You seem a little bummed out.”

I continued lacing my boots, rather harshly. “Well, I’m not. I’m perfectly fine.”

Dakota examined me for a moment, not entirely convinced. “Is it Cas?”

I finished lacing up my boots and stood up to face Dakota. “I don’t want to talk about this.” I grabbed my phone and keys, pushed past Dakota, and headed for the stairs. Dakota called after me. “You shouldn’t worry about Cas.”

I stopped in my tracks. “Why?” I asked without turning around.

“Well…” Dakota hesitated, not sure if she should say anything.

“Koda, why?” I urged her to continue.

“Somehow… He got into my room, and he left me a note.” She said quickly, afraid of what I would say.

I turned around slowly. “He left a note in your room?!” Dakota nodded slowly. “Well, what did it say?”

“Um… Let me show you.” She turned around and ran to her room. I could hear her ruffling through papers on her desk. A few seconds later, she came running back with a piece of paper in her hand. “Here.”

I grabbed the paper and began to read.

Dakota. I’m sorry about the way I had to deliver this. I was running out of time. I want you to tell your sister not to worry. I will be at her party. I got all the details she sent me. Tell her I am looking forward to seeing her there… and being her angel. Castiel.

“What the hell?” I asked. “Why couldn’t he just text me or call me?”

Dakota looked at me and shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know. Nervous? Anxiety? Maybe he’s just waiting until the big night to talk to you.” She smiled reassuringly and raised her eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes. “You make it sound like my wedding night. It’s just my birthday.”

“And that’s not big enough? Amber, your birthday is on Halloween. Now, I don’t know about you, but I think that’s pretty awesome.”

“Ok… Fine.” I said. “I’ll stop worrying.” I started heading down the stairs again.

“Good!” Dakota called after me. “Bye, sis!”

“Later.”