Getting Down To Business

Amber's POV

"What?" Castiel asked, a bit shocked at the harshness in my voice.

"You heard me." I said. "I'd particularly like to know why I keep hearing your name." I crossed my arms, a little pissed. He was keeping something from me. I could sense it, and I wasn't leaving tonight without an answer.

Cas shook his head. "I don't know anything about any voices." He claimed, but I heard it. The uneasiness, the concern, the confusion... It was all there in his voice and as clear as day on his face, too. He wasn't very good at hiding things. I noticed something was off the moment I met him. Its not everyday you meet someone that looks exactly like a character from your favorite book series and just happens to have his name too. I had shaken off the feeling though. He seemed harmless enough.

"Bull." I told him. I sure as hell wasn't letting this go. "Ever since you showed up in this town, I've been hearing these... voices inside my head!"

He looked at me with that same look he had on his face that first time he saw me. He was squinting at me. "Why do you keep looking at me like that?" I completely forgot about what had just happened only minutes before inside the building. I was too pissed.

"These..." He hesitated, trying to phrase his sentence right. "Voices... What do they sound like?"

He was kidding right? "What do they sound like?!" I repeated, getting angrier and angrier by the minute. He looked at me with genuine concern on his face. I calmed down a bit and answered the question. "They sound like whispers. A million whispers in my head."

He took that in and then asked another question. "What do they say?" I was getting tired of all these questions. I wanted answers. "I don't know. Don't do drugs?" I replied, sarcastically. He didn't seem to get the sarcasm. "Well, that's interesting." He said.

"Cas... I was joking." I explained. What kind of guy doesn't understand sarcasm? I thought. Seriously, who is this guy?

He looked at me, waiting for me to really answer the question. "I don't know, Cas. Its a bunch of whispers in my head." I reminded him. "Its like having a swarm of bees in my head. I can't make out everything they say."

He looked up at me. "What have you made out?"

"Mostly just names." I told him, not sure why it was so important. "Yours, Sam and Dean from the books, and one that I've never heard of."

"What is it?"

"Metatron."

"Damnit." Cas muttered under his breath.

"Cas, what's going on?" I know he knows something, and I was getting it out of him. He looked at me with deep concern on his face. It suddenly changed to pleading as he walked towards me, swiftly. "Cas?"

"There's something I need to show you." He grabbed my arm, and suddenly, I wasn't behind the Frost Amphitheatre anymore.