Mother's Little Helper

Amber's POV

None of us knew where Sam was taking us. He said it was a surprise and even Dean had no idea. We were heading north of town. I don't even think I've been to that part of town. Sam turned onto a dirt road and pretty soon we were surrounded by trees.

"What, are you taking us where no one can find us so you can slowly murder us?" Dean asked jokingly. He leaned over to Sam and whispered, "Or bang Koda?" I was sitting in the middle and Arya was behind Sam so we were the only two that heard that. Dakota was pretty confused when Sam punched Dean in the shoulder, and Dean fell back into his seat laughing. I told her not to worry about it, trying to hold back my own laughter.

Eventually, the dirt road turned back into cement. Sam parked the car under the cover of some trees and we all got out. "This is where my college buddies and I would come to hang out." Sam explained. In front of us was a vast network of tunnels. When I say tunnels, I mean like the big tunnels used for graffiti. There was a big one in the middle and a bunch of smaller ones branching off the sides.

"Woah." I didn't know what else to say. I could tell Arya and Dakota were just as surprised as I was. They were having trouble keeping their mouths from hanging open.

"Well Sammy, looks like you got around." Dean said proudly, patting Sam's back as he walked towards the tunnels. He motioned to everything around him. "You know, I was kinda expecting your hang out place to be some crypt in a creepy cemetery."

"Dude, we're not goth." Sam replied, motioning for us to follow him into the tunnels. Dean chuckled but otherwise ignored the reply.

"How much did you come here?" I asked, finally finding my voice. From what the books said, Sam had only been at college for two years before Dean came and got him. I wonder when he discovered this place.

"It was a frequent thing with my friends. I came mostly at night. Usually after there was a party or the night before a big test. It helped me relax a bit." Sam replied, looking at all the art he and his friends had made back then. This must feel so weird for him, being back at his old hang out spot. Back when he felt normal for a change and Jessica was alive.

"Oh, come on dude. Seriously?" Dean asked from a few feet away. He was standing in front of a piece of graffiti that, from here, looked like a heart. I walked closer to see what it read but before I could, Dean read it. "S + J in a heart? How cliché is that?"

Sam threw his arms up in defense. "Hey, man, Jess drew that, and it was college. What do you expect?" Dean rolled his eyes and walked away from the lame show of affection, deeper into the tunnels.

"So, did you guys drink when you came out here?" Dakota asked. I chuckled. You could really tell when she wanted something. Sam laughed along with me. "Yeah, of course. It was college. You want something? We got some beers in the trunk."

Dakota smiled and nodded. Sam returned the smile and waved her along. They both started heading back towards the Impala. I turned around to continue looking at all the art. The only light coming in was from the early afternoon sun, and the art seemed to glow in it. Yeah, I call it art, unlike most people who think its tacky.

A lot of it seemed to be stuff that Jessica and Sam drew together. At the bottom of each one were their initials. S and J. As I was looking at their drawings, I heard a familiar noise. Only this time, instead of just once, it was a couple times. "Uh, Dean?" Sam called. We all turned to where he was and there were two men standing about five feet in front of him.

I heard the noise three more times, except this time it was more jumbled up. We looked behind us, into the tunnels, and there were three more. "Damnit." Dean muttered. All five men were holding some type of blade, a long silver one. We all stood still, not wanting to cause the men to attack.

"Demons?" I asked. Dean shook his head. "Worse. Dicks."

"So they're angels?" Arya piped in. Dean smirked at how she understood his nickname for them so easily. He nodded.

One of the men behind us took a step forward. "We have a little message for you. Metatron says don't play with things that don't belong to you. We're here to collect." As soon as he said that, the other angels attacked. I noticed Sam and Dean had their own silver blades. That must be the only weapon that can kill an angel.

"Amber! Run!" Dean shouted, stabbing an angel in the chest and killing it. Yup, that's an angel blade. I did just what he told me as he turned to fight the other two angels. I shouted at Arya and Dakota as I ran down one of the side tunnels. They ran after me.

We wound through the tunnels until we found the exit and ran for the Impala. I stopped as I saw one of the angels lunge for Sam. It pinned him down as Sam knocked the angel blade out of his hand. It skittered across the cement, towards the tunnels. The other angel stepped up to Sam and raised his blade.

"Arya, Koda! Keep going! I'll be right behind you!" I didn't wait for an answer. I ran towards the angel blade and grabbed it. The angel pinning down Sam saw me out of the corner of his eye. I waved it in his face. He let go of Sam which is exactly what I wanted him to do and came after me. I saw Sam roll out from under the other angel before I took off running through the tunnels, once again.

I turned a corner somewhere inside and then stopped. I hadn't been paying attention to where I was going so I wasn't sure where I was. I could sense something behind me though. I spun around and stabbed whatever it was. I bright light erupted from the spot the blade went in. The angel started to scream and his eyes and mouth lit up with the same bright light. Then he went limp and fell to the ground.

I did it. I actually killed an angel! I bent down to retrieve the blade, glancing up slightly but just enough to see a pair of legs in front of me. I shot up instantly, seeing that it wasn't anyone I knew. Must be an angel. I thought. I stabbed him in the chest but nothing happened. He didn't even budge.

"Now, now. Is that anyway to treat the man who's saving you? The man who's going to take care of you for, hm..." He glanced up, as if trying to think of what to say. He looked back at me with a devious grin plastered on his face. "The rest of your life."

"Metatron." I breathed. Sam and Dean had told me a bit about him. Now I know why the angel blade didn't work on him. Not only did he use the angel tablet to lock all of the angels out of Heaven, he also used it to give himself some godly powers. So, now he can't be killed like a normal angel.

"Oh, honey, I'm touched." He placed his hands over his heart.

I took a step back. "What did you mean when you said you were going to take care of me?" No way was I letting this douchebag take me anywhere and I sure wasn't going to let him get away with killing me. I just had to try stalling him until Sam and Dean found us.

"Just what I said, dear." He took a step closer and started walking in a circle around me. I froze as he stepped even closer. "You see, I've heard some chatter over angel radio. Chatter about you, my dear." I flinched as he pulled on one of my curls and watched it bounce back into position. "I don't know what it is, but honey, you're valuable. I could use you."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said through gritted teeth, which of course was a lie. I knew exactly what he was talking about. Somehow these voices made me an asset in this war between the angels. "I'm just a normal girl who happened to get caught up in this."

He made a clicking sound with his tongue. "Oh, but you're so much more than that! I can show you!" He held out his arms as an invitation to join him.

"There's no way in Hell that I'm going anywhere with you." I spat.

He frowned. "Oh, my mistake. I wasn't asking." He grabbed my arm and we disappeared. Once again, I was no longer in Stanford.