First Date

Amber's POV

“Hello, Amber.”

I jumped. “Jeez! You scared me, Cas!”

“Sorry.” Cas apologized.

I smiled at him. He seemed to apologize a lot. It was cute. “How’d you get here so fast?”

Cas hesitated. “I… was already close by.”

“Oh.” I replied. “Well, good. So, let’s go.”

The two of us walked outside the complex, side by side.

“So, your sister…?” Cas began to ask.

“Dakota.”

“Dakota. What’s she like?”

“Oh, you know.” I began. “She’s really cool and fun. We’ve always had each other’s backs. I mean, she’s my little sister. I would die for her.”

“Hm.” Cas thought for a moment. “That sounds a lot like two brothers I know. They’re very close to me.”

“Oh yeah?” I asked. “And what are their names? Sam and Dean?” I laughed.

“It’s not important.”

“Alright.” I shrugged, not sure why he didn't find that funny. “So, how long have you been a fan of Supernatural? I mean,” I motioned to his clothes, “do you wear this all the time?”

“Basically, yes. Supernatural…” Cas hesitated, again. He seemed to hesitate a lot. “Is pretty much my life.”

“That’s cool. I’m assuming Cas is your favorite character?” I chuckled.

“Uh, yes.” Cas replied, again with that tone of uncertainty. I decided to let it slide. Maybe he was just always like this.

“Well, there’s another thing we have in common. Cas is my favorite too.”

Cas smiled. “So, your sister and friend are fans too?”

Amber nodded. “Yup. Dakota’s favorite is Sam, and Arya’s favorite is Dean.”

“Well, Dean should be thrilled.” Cas replied nonchalantly.

“What?” I questioned, confused.

“Um…” Cas realized his mistake. “Nothing. So… What else are you interested in?”

“Well…” I thought for a minute. “I like just about every movie and book series. I can be a little geeky.” I laughed and Cas smiled. “I like photography, too.”

For a minute, Cas didn’t reply. He just stared at me again.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing, you just still seem so familiar.” Cas replied, still staring at me.

I smiled. “Well, like I told you yesterday, I would’ve remembered meeting you.”

“Of course.” Cas smiled at me.

We had just gotten to the corner of Main Street when I noticed Cas staring off and looked at him with a question in my eyes. He pointed out a girl across the street. She had long brown hair and grey eyes. She went to wave to us but then stopped. “I think she knows you.”

“Oh, crap. That’s Arya. We usually meet there when Koda has school this early. I forgot to tell her I would catch up with her later.”

I started to walk towards Arya but felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to look at Cas.

“No, it’s fine. Go spend time with your friend. Maybe I could buy you lunch some other time.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.” Cas started to walk away, but I stopped him. “Wait. I’m having a costume party for my birthday this Thursday. I’m going as a fallen angel. You should come as my angel.” I smiled at him.

“I…” Cas began, unsure.

“Oh, come on!” I pleaded. “You already dress as an angel everyday! Please? For me?”

Cas exhaled in defeat. “Alright, I’ll come.”

I smiled at him, pleased. “Thanks! I’ll text you the details. And make sure you get some wings. I know the angels in Supernatural don’t really have visible wings, but how else are they going to know what we are?”

Cas smiled at me and kissed my hand. I turned around and walked across the street to meet Arya. When I got to Arya, she was standing there with her hands on her hips. “So, first date?” She smiled at me. “Yeah, I guess so.” I turned to look at Cas only to find that he had disappeared, fairly quickly.

“Ooohh! So, how’d it go?”

We started walking. “Fine, I guess. We talked about Supernatural a bit. I invited him to my party.”

“Great!” Arya said, excitedly. “Is he coming?”

“Yeah.” I smiled, slightly blushing.

“Did he say anything about a costume?”

“Actually, I did. I told him he should come as an angel.”

“Ooh! Matching! Great idea! He can be your angel that comes to save you! He’ll help you get your grace back!” I laughed. Arya was beginning to sound like Dakota. “So, have you decided on a costume?”

“I’m gonna be a vampire.” Arya hissed, showing her teeth as if she had fangs. “And no worries for Koda, I will be a sexy vampire.”