Wings Of An Angel

Amber's POV

My eyes fluttered open. I was stretched out on the couch in the library, looking up at the ceiling. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as I turned to the side. I caught a glimpse of someone standing there and nearly jumped out of my skin. I guess Dean had just left my beer on the ground next to me because I knocked it over. Luckily, it wasn't open.

"Jeez, Cas you scared the crap out of me! Don't do that!" I told him as I picked the beer back up. He looked at the beer then down at the ground. "I'm sorry."

I smiled at his apology. Why did he have to be so damn cute? Then I remembered Sam and Dean. "Where are the guys?"

"They went out to get some food and more drinks. They asked me to watch over you." I chuckled. "I don't think they meant it literally, Cas." He cocked his head to the side, giving me that adorable confused squint. I shook my head, letting him know it didn't matter.

I pulled my knees up to me chest and patted the couch for him to join me. He smiled then walked over to it and sat down next to me. I picked up my feet and straightened out my legs so that they were laying across his lap. He actually seemed relaxed now.

"Woah..." I said, breathless. Once again, he gave me that confused squint and turned to see what I was looking at. There were these huge wings, stretched out behind him and they were breathtaking. They were the most beautiful wings I had ever seen, that is if you count pictures of wings. They were black with hints of silver.

"You can see them?" He asked, stunned. I nodded. I reached out to stroke them, feeling the soft feathers twitch with my touch. "I don't understand... No one can see my wings."

I shrugged. "Maybe other angels can." He was silent for a few seconds, then said, "Or an angel's soul mate." I giggled at his suggestion. He looked up at me with the most serious look on his face. I immediately stopped laughing.

"Seriously?" I asked, not knowing what else to say. He nodded. "Yes, I believe an angel's soul mate can see his wings."

"If that's true then why haven't I seen them before?" I asked, a little disappointed. "Maybe because I haven't let them out..." He replied, diminishing my disappointment. He was looking down now.

I continued stroking his wings, making my way to his face and stroking his cheek. He placed his hand over mine, looking up at me. I smiled sweetly. I leaned over and gave him a long, soft kiss. When I went to break it off, he grabbed my head, pulling me back into the kiss. I didn't expect that but I liked it.

Our kisses were harder now, hungrier. I combed my fingers through his hair as he broke off, trailing kisses down my neck. He looked back up at me, and I tugged on his trench coat, making sure it was okay. In response he shrugged it off, kissing me again.

I began to loosen his tie without looking, not wanting to stop kissing him. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him, then he started pulling off my flannel shirt. I still had a t-shirt on under it so he grabbed for the hem of it.

Just as he started lifting my shirt, there was a loud noise coming from the front of the bunker. We instantly broke apart, giving each other an 'Oh shit' look. I pulled my flannel shirt back on as Cas tightened his tie and quickly shrugged his trench coat back on.

Just as Sam and Dean walked through the doors, I grabbed my beer and twisted off the cap, taking a casual sip. The guys walked into the library with a few bags and a six pack. "Good, you're awake. We got food." Dean said, placing the food on one of the tables.

Cas still looked a little nervous and it looked like Sam noticed. He gave him a weird look but didn't say anything. Phew. I didn't know what to say if they asked. Sam went to help Dean pull out all the food. Since their backs were to us, I looked at Cas with a longing look. I guess this wasn't the best place to do that...

Cas quickly leaned over and gave me one last kiss before disappearing. Sam and Dean turned around at the noise, holding their hands out in confusion. I shrugged. "I guess he figured you guys were back so he didn't need to be here anymore." I quickly covered for him. Then I stood up and walked up to the food. "So, what's for dinner?"

**Hey guys!! So, I was gonna wait a little longer to update this chapter but I just couldn't take it anymore!! I had to! :)

So, I hope you liked reading it as much as I liked writing it. I absolutely loved writing this chapter. As you can see, I came through with my promise. Figuratively and literally. Originally, I was just gonna do literally with the wings and then see (well hear) all your shocked comments about my use of the term 'fluff'... but I couldn't do that to you guys. :) You're just so awesome and I know you guys have been wanting something like this. ;)

Don't fret over how it turned out though. This definitely was not the end of the fluff. ;) So anyway, I hope you enjoyed that. Don't forget to vote, comment, fan, and all that other good stuff! And let me know who you ship: Amstiel or Damber? I'm the freaking author and know who she's gonna end up with but I ship the other one. xD Go figure.

Thanks for being such awesome fans! Until the next update...
(Psst. You guys should check out my other two stories if you haven't already:)
~~Sky~~