The Bunker

Amber's POV

"So..." Sam started. Before he could continue, my phone started ringing. It was the same rock ringtone that I always had. I pulled out my phone and saw it was Dakota. Crap. I thought. I quickly hung up and then shot her a text, letting her know I was alright.

"Sorry, my sister is probably just worried since I left without telling her." I looked up at the guys and saw them staring at me. Dean had a look of surprise on his face and the corner of Sam's mouth was pulled up in a sly grin. Cas just squinted at them, trying to figure out what they were so surprised at. "Something wrong?" I asked. Sam and Dean pulled out their phones and Sam hit speed dial. Dean's phone started ringing, and it was the same exact ringtone I had. I laughed, realizing their surprise. Dean smiled as him and Sam put their phones away.

"So, I'm assuming Cas told you all about the voices when you three were having your little pow-wow in the kitchen?" Dean smirked. Sam was the one that answered. "He told us most of it. You said you started hearing the voices right before you met Cas?"

I nodded. "After that, everytime I heard them Cas would magically show up." Sam considered that for a moment.

"And it just sounded like whispers?" Sam asked. I nodded again. "A million of them inside my head." Dean asked the next question. "So... You've only been able to make out a few names? Mine, Sam's, Cas's, and what was the other one?"

"Metatron."

Dean's eyes grew wide at the name. He glanced at Sam and murmured, "Angel radio?" Cas turned his head quickly to look at Dean. "It can't possibly..." He stopped midsentence.

"Angel radio?" I asked, confused.

"I don't know man..." Sam replied, unsure. "Usually only angels can hear that, and I'm pretty damn sure Amber's not an angel..." They both looked at me. "You're not an angel are you?" Dean asked.

I laughed at that. "No, last time I checked I was 100% pure human." Dean sighed in relief. My guess was that he didn't usually have good experiences with angels. I looked to Cas, who didn't seem to be paying attention. He was very quiet, and looking down. "Cas?" I asked, trying to get his attention. He looked up and passed his eyes over the three of us. "I have to go." He said, and then quickly he leaned over, grabbed my hand and kissed it, then let go and disappeared. I guess him kissing my hand is our thing now... I thought.

I looked at Sam and Dean who looked just as surprised as me. "Does he really do that a lot?" Sam turned to face me. "Yeah, that's kind of a normal thing with him. You get used to it." Then Dean quickly added, "No you don't." Sam smiled and shrugged, standing up. I looked at Dean. "Well," He said, "guess you're stuck with us. We'll figure this out." I smiled at him as we both stood up.

"So, um, where are we?" I asked, extremely curious. I wasn't even sure we were still in California. Dean raised his arms and said "Welcome to the bunker!" I started walking around again, looking at all the books. "Am I supposed to be impressed?" Dean's face kind of fell. He seemed disappointed that I didn't know what 'the bunker' was.

"Haven't you read about it?" He asked. I couldn't tell if he actually liked the idea of their lives being written down in books or not. "No, they don't go that far. They kind of stopped when the apocalypse started." I answered without turning around. I heard Dean sigh in relief. Well, I guess he hated the idea of those books. I couldn't blame him.

As I looked at all the books, Dean went in the kitchen to grab some more beers. He came back in the library and handed me one then went to sit back on the corner of the table. I turned to face them, wanting to know more about this place.

"Well, this is pretty much our base camp." Dean said with a smirk. "And its our..." He glanced at Sam who was leaning against the wall. "Well, its like a home to me." I looked back at all the books as I took a sip of my beer. "These books look ancient. How old is this place?"

"Pretty old." Sam replied. "It belonged to a group called the Men of Letters. Those books hold all their research on all things that go bump in the night."

"How did y'all find it then? Aren't you hunters?"

"Our grandfather was a part of the organization." Sam explained. Then Dean added, "We're legacies." I rolled my eyes and laughed at his tone. "If you're legacies then why aren't you Men of Letters instead of hunters?"

They told me about their grandfather, Henry, traveling to the future to stop a demon named Abaddon. They explained that he died trying to kill the demon and never made it back to his time. Their father, John, thought that he had abandoned him. Henry was never able to teach John everything he knew so he grew up as a mechanic. "And well..." Dean continued, "You know what happens next." I nodded. All these years, and it seems its still hard for them to look back on their mother's death.

"Ok, so now I know the history of this place but where are we?"

"Lebanon, Kansas." Dean stated.

"Kansas?!" I knew we weren't in California. I sat back down at the table. Sam stepped forward. "If you need, Amber, you can stay here for the night. We've got plenty of room." His tone was almost sympathetic.

I looked at them and shook my head. "That's a nice offer and all but I really need to get back to my sister." They nodded in understanding. "Cas was kind of my ride and well..." I didn't need to finish that sentence. They understood.

"Well, hey, let us give you a ride." Dean offered.

"Are you sure? I could call Cas, and he could come get me..." Sam interrupted me. "Really, Amber. Its the least we could do after dragging you out here." I smiled at him, grateful.

"Alright, thanks." I followed them to their garage and there it was. The famous 1967 Chevy Impala. I walked up to it and stroked the side. "She's a real beauty." I told Dean. He patted the hood, smiling. "You hear that, Baby? Looks like you got a new fan." I laughed.

I moved my hand down to the handle but didn't open the door. I was almost nervous to get in. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Sam standing there. He smiled at me. "Its alright." I nodded and opened the door, then slid in the backseat. Dean started the engine and the radio came on, playing 'Cherry Pie' by Warrant. I smiled. Yup, that's Dean alright. I thought. He started the car and soon we were on our way to California.