More Secrets. Great.

Amber's POV

I woke up to a stopped car. I looked around and noticed it was still dark outside. Sam and Dean weren't in the car. I figured they must have stopped for gas and maybe some snacks. I was just about to go back to sleep, seeing as I was still exhausted, when I heard muffled voices coming from the other side of the window. I cranked the window open a notch and heard two different voices. Sam and Dean.

"I don't know, Sammy. Something just doesn't seem right." I heard Dean say. "You saw Cas when he left. He was freaked out."

Sam sighed. "Yeah, Dean, I know. But she's lived a fairly normal life for 25 years. I think she'll be fine back at her place for a few days."

"Sam, we can't just leave her alone. It's not just the way Cas left...." He hesitated. "She now knows that the things that go bump in the night are real. She could get herself into trouble." Dean sounded genuinely worried, considering we just met.

"Well, what are we supposed to do?" Sam asked. I could tell he was just about ready to give in. "She didn't want to stay at the bunker and I'm sure it would be a little weird if we hung out in or outside her apartment."

I didn't know what to think. Frankly, I was too tired. "I don't know. Maybe we should just stick around in Stanford for a while. Get a motel room, keep an eye on her." Dean told him.

Sam sighed again then paused for a few seconds. "Well, we should stay close, just incase. But I don't think we should tell her. She might get a little offended that we..." He cleared his throat. "I mean you don't think she can handle herself."

No one said anything, but I could almost feel Dean glaring at Sam. I didn't hear the rest of the conversation. I was way too tired. I fell back asleep, and everything I just heard almost felt like a dream.