New Year, Old Times

Amber's POV

To sum up that night in just a few words? Well, it was something. I've never had a Christmas night quite like that before, mostly because all of my Christmases were spent with my family, and they weren't really one for partying.

It wasn't big, obviously, because we were in the Bunker. No, it was just the eight of us having a good time. It wouldn't be a party without drinking so of course we put all that eggnog and new alcohol to use. We had to have some good tunes, too, and we had plenty of food. That's really all you need for a good party. Reason to celebrate, friends to do it with, good music, and food and booze.

Obviously, there was a ton of drinking and dancing. Don't worry! No one slept with anyone this time. That's the last thing we need. I'd especially be embarrassed if we got drunk, and I ended up sleeping with Dean again. Nah, it was just a good ol' Christmas party.

Eventually everyone got tired of dancing and messing around so we sat down to have a little movie marathon. Most of us were up all night. Dean and Arya were conked out before we were even ten minutes into the first movie. That figures, though. They were always the ones that got the drunkest out of all of us. They were a bit crazy while we were jamming out to the music. It was a pretty funny show to watch.

They were also the only two that hardly remembered anything from that night after their, what was it? Tenth drink maybe? Yeah, it really took them some time to get drunk. That just made it even funnier because they had no idea what we were talking about or what we were laughing at. Let's just say it was a sight that you would never want to forget.

We all fell asleep pretty late. Probably around five or six in the morning? I don't know, the majority of us could stay up pretty late when we weren't completely drunk. I'm honestly surprised Sam didn't fall asleep sooner because Dakota kept playing with his hair, and we all know how relaxing that feeling is.

It's too bad Arya and Dean felt the need to get drunk. I never want to forget that night.

*****

New Year's Eve. Another time for celebration. The old year was coming to an end, and a brand new start was on its way.

We were sitting outside the Bunker this time. It didn't take much to convince Sam and Dean that the fireworks were the best part of the night. I guess they had some good memories together of New Year's Eve or the Fourth of July.

There wasn't much drinking this time... Until around midnight.

"Hey, you know what would be fun?" Arya asked, drawing everyone's attention away from the shower of colorful lights.

"Blowing stuff up?" Dean questioned. Arya glared at him. "No!" Dean gave her a lopsided smile. "Ok, well maybe that would be cool, but that's not what I was talking about."

"What's your idea, Ar?" Phil asked. She looked around at all of us, a smiled tugging at her lips. She was getting excited now. "Drinking games!"

We all groaned, except for Dean. What was with these two and getting drunk all the time? "Arya, no offense, but I want to remember this night." I told her.

"Yeah, and I don't think you want to forget another one." Dakota added, pointing to both Arya and Dean.

"Aw, come on guys!" She pleaded. "Just a few shots! Please!" We all hesitated. Drinking games were fun, but a few shots could turn into endlessly downing liquor in no time. "I know you guys remember how much fun college parties were, even if you haven't been to one in a while."

Dakota, Phil, and I all glanced at each other. She was right. College parties were a blast. That was one of the few things I missed about college. So what if we got a little drunk? We weren't old yet. Gotta seize the moment, right?