Fallen From Grace

Amber's POV

"I'm a what?" I asked, needing clarification. Did he just say what I thought he said? How could that even be true?

"You're a fallen angel." Cas repeated in the same tone. I stared at him, shocked. I had no idea what to say. I shook my head, sitting on the bed that was next to Cas.

"No, that's not possible. I've been human my whole life! I think I'd remember if I was an angel..." I wasn't sure if I was trying to convince Cas or myself. Everything that's happened to me has been pretty strange but that doesn't mean I'm some celestial being!

"That doesn't necassarily mean that you aren't one..." Dean said, looking from Sam to Cas. The other two nodded at Dean. They had some kind of nonverbal communication going on that I wasn't a part of. They nodded, raised their eyebrows, furrowed their eyebrows in concentration. Honestly, it was madening.

"What the hell is going on, guys?" I cut in, shouting angrily. They looked up at me, surprised as if they forgot I was there. I cocked an eyebrow. "You wanna let me in on your little mind reading session?"

"We ran into this girl before, Anna." Dean began explaining. "She had ended up in a nuthouse because she was hearing these voices that were talking about the apocalypse."

"And she was an angel?"  I interrupted. Dean gave me a look that said to shut up and listen. I looked to Sam who nodded. "Yes, she was." Dean took one look at Sam then continued his story.

"Her whole life, she thought she was just a regular person. We didn't know what she was so we had a psychic take a look. So, she used her psychic mojo on Anna and boom, she remembers everything."

I gave him a confused look. I wasn't exactly following. "She realized that she was an angel and that she had her grace ripped out." Cas explained. "So, she fell."

"But you're a fallen angel aren't you? You lost your grace but you remembered everything." I asked. He looked kind of surprised. Oh right, that wasn't exactly in the books.

"Metatron told me... I don't remember when but he did." I explained.  Cas nodded.

"Its very rare that this kind of thing happens. Most angels that fall without grace can remember who they are. Others... The intensity of the fall will impact the angel greatly. Sometimes it will cause them to lose their memory and sometimes it will cause them to age backwards, leaving them as infants as though they were just born." Cas explained, not taking his eyes off me. I'm guessing Sam and Dean already knew all this. It took me a few seconds to process it all.

"So, when I fell, it was so intense that I became an infant? And that caused me to only have infant memories?" Cas nodded. I must have looked horrified because all three of them were looking at me with sympathy. I'm a freaking angel?! That meant that I was adopted, and that Dakota wasn't really my sister!

"Wait, why couldn't Metatron see that when he..." Dean hesitated. "searched her?" I looked up at Cas. That was a really good question. If a psychic could see and bring a fallen angel's memories back then why couldn't the most powerful angel?

"Most fallen angels, like yourself, have a block put in your mind when you fall. Its generally put there by an archangel."

"But why would they put a block in her mind?" Sam asked.

"It usually has to do with the action that caused them to fall. If its bad enough then an archangel will place a block in your mind, keeping you from those memories so you can't return to Heaven." Cas sighed. I looked down at my feet. I could feel the guys staring at me. I wonder what I had done that was so bad? They were probably all wondering the same thing.