Nothing's Complete Without Beer

Amber's POV

The four of us went to sit in the living room with our beers, and explained everything to Dakota. Now the shock was obvious on her face, but I'm pretty sure its from the bit about the voices, not that Supernatural was real.

She slowly turned to look at me. I smiled nervously. I hadn't spoken a word of this to her. It wasn't something she needed to know. "Voices, A? Voices?" I looked to Sam and Dean for help. Their eyes grew wide, and they shrugged. Sometimes, Koda could be kind of scary when she was mad. "When were you going to tell me about that?"

"To be honest, Koda, I wasn't planning on ever telling you."

"Why? If it were reversed, wouldn't you want to know if weird things were happening to me?" Sam and Dean were watching us intently, as if it were a TV show.

"Well, to be fair, I didn't think it was weird until last night." She stared at me like I lost my mind, which I thought was the case last night.

"You were hearing voices in your head, and you didn't think that was weird?" I leaned against the back of the couch and rubbed my hand against my forehead. This could go on forever. My sister could be so hardheaded sometimes.

"Koda." I started slowly, trying to explain this so she would understand. "The voices were just names. Sam, Dean, and Castiel. I thought it just had to do with Supernatural. It got weird when I heard the name Metatron."

She furrowed her brows. "Metatron?!"

"Yeah. I'll let Sam and Dean explain that to you." I motioned for them to speak. Dean went to drink some of his beer but found that it was empty. He turned around to look at the fridge, then looked back at me. He didn't even have to say anything. I could tell he wanted some more. I chuckled and nodded my head. He got up and grabbed another out of the fridge as Sam started explaining the name to Dakota.

"He's an angel. Right now there's kind of a war going on with the angels and Metatron is the cause." He began.

"What did he do?" Koda asked, intrigued. I guess this was all kind of like reading a new series of Supernatural books to her. I smiled to myself.

"Oh, nothing big. Just stole Cas's grace and locked all the angels out of Heaven. Not to mention he's recruiting." Dean cut in. I rolled my eyes. He was always the sarcastic one.

"So, Heaven is basically vacant right now?"

"Yup, its got the giant closed sign on the front door." Dean stated.

"No souls can get it. Not angels, not humans. The only one that can get in and out of Heaven is Metatron." Sam told her, giving a better explanation than Dean's.

"He's been killing a ton of people on his journey to Godlyhood too." Dean added. He was obviously angry, but there was a hint of sorrow in his tone too. They must have lost someone close to them because of Metatron.

"Wow..." Dakota was speechless. I don't blame her though. I didn't know how to respond when they told me all of this. All I could think was, 'Damn.' An angel gone bad? Its not like that hasn't happened before, but atleast Lucifer didn't lock every soul out of Heaven. This guy is supposed to be the scribe of God?!

"Can we help you guys stop him?" Dakota suddenly perked up at the thought. I wasn't sure if I wanted my little sister out there. That would give me an even bigger reason to protect her. I would rather she stayed safe. I looked to Sam and Dean, silently pleading that they tell her no.

"Uh." Dean hesitated, nudging Sam for help.

"Well... We definitely need Amber's help because somehow, she's apart of this now. I think it would be best if you stayed out though. You'd be safe." Sam reasoned, hoping she wouldn't be offended.

"But I can help." She protested. "I'm great at research, and I know just as much about the stuff out there as Amber does."

Sam went to speak but found that he didn't know what to say. Dean helped him out. "We just don't think it would be very safe for you out there. If we need help with any information, we'll let you know." He looked to me, making sure that was ok. I nodded.

Dakota turned to me. "Will you?"

"Koda, don't worry. I promise, if we need you, we'll call. I'm with the guys on this one." I told her. She nodded, looking disappointed.

I stood up and grabbed everyones empty beer bottles to bring them in the kitchen. "So, since I'm your only case at the moment, you guys wanna hang out today?" I asked them. They came into the kitchen to answer. Dean leaned against the fridge and Sam sat on the corner of the table. Koda just stayed standing, looking hopeful.

"Oh, it couldn't hurt to take a day off." Dean said. "What do ya say, Sammy?"

"Yeah, sure. Sounds fun."

I smiled and looked to Dakota. She looked like she was going out of her mind with happiness and excitement. "So, what should we do?" I asked, grinning.

"Maybe we should start with some food? I'm starving." Dean suggested, putting his hand to his stomach. Sam laughed and rolled his eyes.

"Alright, sounds good! Let's get going." I started walking towards the door when Dakota spoke up. "We gotta invite Arya!! She would wanna meet them too."

"Right... Alright well text her and tell her to meet us at BigGerson's. It'll be a surprise." I told her with a smirk. She took out her phone and started texting away as we headed out the door. I stopped in my tracks and turned back to the guys. "Oh, and we're taking the Impala."

Dean grinned. "Alright, Baby, looks like we're going for a ride!"