A Hunter in the Making

Amber's POV

I followed Sam and Dean into a dark room. I heard a loud noise, and slowly all the lights came on. I stood there, gaping at the large room. It was a shooting range. They had a shooting range in the freaking bunker. I walked over to the guys as they set down the bags they brought packed with weapons.

Dean pulled out a .45 Smith and Wesson and did that thing I had always read about. He slipped the magazine out, hit it against the handle of the gun, and clicked it back into place. "I'm assuming you've never shot a gun?" He said, handing the gun to me.

I gasped, hurt by the sexist assumption. I snatched the gun away from him. "I'll have you know that I used to hunt with my dad." I said proudly, walking up to one of the stands.

Dean chuckled. "You shoot a rabbit?" I eyed him angrily, turning to face the target. I cocked the gun and took my stance, holding it out in front of me and steadying it. I aimed it at the head of the target and pulled the trigger. It hit just outside of the first ring surrounding the bullseye.

I set the gun down, turning back to Sam and Dean with a proud smirk on my face. They stared at me, awestruck. I grabbed the gun and walked up to Dean, placing it against his chest. "More like a trophy deer." I corrected him. "And not with a gun."

He took the gun so I let go of it, walking behind them and making them turn around. This was officially my favorite part of training. They definitely weren't expecting this. "Then what did you kill it with?" Sam asked.

I crossed my arms as they looked down at my neck, noticing my nevklace for the first time. They glanced at each other, both having the same realization. "You're an archer." Dean stated, looking back at me. My necklace was a bow and arrow, the tip of the arrow being my birthstone.

I shrugged. "Guilty." I said, smirking. They were speechless now. I was wondering how they were going to take this. They had probably thought I was just a dainty, fragile little thing that had never picked up a weapon in her life. On the contrary, I've been hunting with my dad for years.

"Well, Katniss. Show us what you got." Dean said. I stared at him. "You guys have an archery range in here too?" He pointed behind me at some windows. Behind them was a long room with a door at one end. Next to the door stood a set of racks with archery equipment. Bows, arrows, quivers, the whole package.

"Ok, this place is awesome." I said as I walked over to the racks. There were about five bows that looked like they hadn't been touched in years. There was one in particular that stood out. It was black and silver. It was also a very complex compound bow. It had the appearance of a somewhat regular bow. I had only ever used one of these once because it was my dads, and he didn't like anyone using it.

I pulled it off the rack along with the set of arrows that went with it. I slung the quiver of twelve arrows over my shoulder and turned to open the door. The room was dark but slightly lit up from the shooting range. I flipped on the lightswitch to reveal and big, long room. There were six targets on each side of the room, all spread out equally in a jagged formation. Perfect amount considering I had twelve arrows.

Sam and Dean stood outside the windows. Which was clearly the best idea so they wouldn't get shot. "I may be a little rusty." I told them, shutting the door behind me. I walked in front of the first target. I pulled an arrow out of the quiver, placing it in the bow. I put it out in front of me, aiming it and pulling the arrow back.

I took a deep breathe before releasing it. I immediately spun around, pulling another arrow out, notching it, and shooting it at the next target. The next ten targets went by pretty fast, a spin here, an arrow there. Soon I was on the other side of the room with an empty quiver.

I looked over at each of the targets. Every single one of my arrows, all twelve, hit the bullseye. Dead center. I smiled to myself, walking back to the opposite side of the room. I stepped out of the archery range and reluctantly placed the bow and quiver back on the racks.

I turned around to see Sam and Dean still gaping at my handy work. I smiled at the fact that I kept surprising them. I walked up behind them, placing each of my hands on their shoulders. They slightly jumped at the touch and slowly turned to face me. "So, what's next?" I asked, grinning.

Dean flicked his eyes over to Sam, gulping. His adams apple was bobbing up and down like crazy. "Rusty, huh?" Sam finally found his voice. I shrugged. What could I say? Once an archer, always an archer. I guess the same goes for hunting too.

"How long has it been since you've done that?" Dean asked.

I hesitated. "Three to four years? Give or take a few." Dean held up his hands, mouthing 'wow.' I smiled, stuffing my hands in the back pockets of my jeans.

"So, more shooting?" I asked eagerly.

"No!" They said immediately and in unison. I gave them my puppy dog eyes, stifling a laugh. Dean immediately looked away, closing his eyes. "How about we try knives?" Sam suggested, diminishing my puppy dog look. I nodded. Sam patted Dean's back, signaling it was okay for him to open his eyes.

Sam went to rummage through the bags for some throwing knives as Dean slowly opened his eyes, one at a time. I laughed when he gave a relaxed sigh. Wow, he must really have a problem with puppy dog eyes. Why the hell does Sam not use them more often?

Dean and I walked over to Sam as he stood up, holding a few knives. "Alright, I'm pretty sure you'll be fine if you need to stab someone up close, but we'll need to be sure you can aim and throw from a distance." He handed me the knives and led me to the other side of the shooting range.

There were a few stands there that opened up. I guess these were for knife throwing. I opened up one of the stands and stepped inside the range. I picked out one of the knives, balancing it in my hand. It was a good sized knife and silver, but most of the knives here were probably silver.

"Ok, just pull your arm back a bit but-" Sam started.

"Yeah, yeah." I cut him off, pulling my arm back and flicking the knife at the target. I aimed it at the heart, which is where it struck. I picked up another knife and did the same thing. It landed right next to the first one. I placed my hands on my hips and turned back to Sam and Dean with a proud grin on my face.

Once again, they stared at the target, awestruck. I stepped out of the shooting range, leaning against a post. Sam and Dean looked at each other, then at me, then back at each other.

Dean turned to face me, pointing at me. "No more weapons. Weapons training is done for the day." He said seriously.

"Aww. Does that mean I have to wait until tomorrow to show you guys up again?" I said with a fake, whining tone. A smile played at the corners of my lips. This was going to be fun.

**Well, there you have it! Amber has begun her training! I figured either one chapter wouldn't be enough for these next few days or it would be a really long chapter. So, yay! There will be more chapters with her training! Wooh!! :)

And I don't exactly know for sure if there really is an archery range or knife throwing stands in the bunker. I mean, it seems like they would have them but they've never shown them so I just kind of threw those details in there to suit Amber's weapon skills.

I hope you enjoyed the first step of her training and her badassery! :)

Also, thanks to @moose_girl for the title of this chapter! It was a great idea and I love it!! ;)**