✾ᴄʜᴏᴄᴏʟᴀᴛᴇ ᴄᴏᴏᴋɪᴇs✾

"𝕸elody" Sirius sang, the four boys sliding on to the couch across from me in the Gryffindor common room

"Siri" I sang back to him in the same tone, glancing up from the book I was reading before continuing where I left off. Fantastic beasts and where to find them, by Newt Scamander, one of my absolute favourites, i've read it several times.

"Elody" James sang this time, making me look up again to the boys, as they pouted.

"Jamesie" I sang again, before returning to my book. I know they wanted something from me, it was just funny to prolong it as long as I possibly could.

"Lody" Peter sang this time, making me stifle a laughter, the three boys turning to him, "What? I thought we were dropping a letter each time" He mumbled to the group, his eyebrows knitted together.

I sighed, placing my bookmark on the page and closing it, my full attention on the four boys as they started to bicker.

"What is it that I can do for you boys?" I questioned, the four of them stopping and turning to me with a grin. "Oh no"

"Oh yes" Sirius nodded slowly with a smirk, my face scrunching up in disgust.

"Please never say that again"

"Oh-"

James slapped a hand over his mouth, whispering something in his ear that sounded like, "we want her to do this for us". The long haired boy rolled his eyes, licking James' hand so he would retreat it from his face.

"And what is this thing you wanted me to do for you?" I inquired, bringing my legs on to the couch and crossing them over each other.

"They want to know if you'll convince Marlene and Lily to sit with us for a while. One of them can flirt and one of them can get rejected" Remus confessed. I quirked a brow, looking to the two boys, who beamed and then James frowned from his words.

"I want to ask Lily to Hogsmede, the first trip is coming up in a few weeks" James told me proudly, giving me a goofy grin.

My heart sank for my best friend, it was the easiest yet most difficult situation ever. James loved Lily, he had done since first year. He spent his days writing her love letters describing the colours of her eyes, showering her with compliments and little gifts. Lily despised James because he thought he was immature and an idiot- which he was, yes, but I liked that about him. It is who he is. He didn't know the love letters and gifts he gave to her ended straight into the bin or in Marlene and Mary's stomachs if it was chocolate. She wasn't going to say yes to going to Hogsmede because she was pining over Amos Diggory, a pretty Hufflepuff boy in the year above.

I plastered a smile on my face and nodded hesitantly. I wasn't going to tell him about Amos unless Lily actually got asked out on a date, he was my best friend I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I know the previous four years of constant rejection and insults were hard for him to accept, he didn't deserve it, he deserved to be loved the way he loved Lily. To be really honest, I didn't particularly like the way my red headed friend treated James, but every time I talked to her about it she would completely cut me off from speaking about him.