❀ʜᴀʀʀʏ...ɪᴛ's ᴄʜʀɪsᴛᴍᴀs ᴇᴠᴇ❀

𝕿he weeks following leaving the Order were rather good in my own opinion, it felt like it did before the whole war began brewing, it was just better now

𝕿he weeks following leaving the Order were rather good in my own opinion, it felt like it did before the whole war began brewing, it was just better now. It was probably selfish being happy whilst everyone else was suffering, and miserable with everything going on- but we knew. We knew this wasn't going to be going on for much longer, therefore life had basically resumed as back to normal. James only works a few days a week, wanting to spend as much time as he can with me and Harry- family time, making sure we made as many memories as possible whilst he was young, even if he couldn't remember them, we could. And we took many photographs.

Some days we would go to the park close by for a stroll, wrapping up warm, and to feed the ducks- only the times when Regulus doesn't come so he doesn't end up having a meltdown and running away. Sometimes we have a shaggy black dog with us, or everyone comes along for a day at the park. Occasionally, James and I would take Harry to Peter's bakery and stay there for a while on the little chairs whilst having one of his famous pastries whilst chatting if he didn't have something to do.

Mary, Marlene and Dorcas would bring endless amounts of baby clothes over they found or Mary had created at the boutique for Harry, sometimes for both Harry and Neville when they have a play date- we already knew they were going to be good friends. On some weekends, Evelyn comes to stay from Hogwarts and on them days, Harry is practically glued to her, almost like a brother for her, she says it's like having her brother back even though he's just a baby. She loves him and we love that she does.

Christmas Eve 1980.

Harry's first Christmas. Our first Christmas as a family of three. Our first Christmas with a child- our son, and for that James and I were extremely happy. Although, James is also a child around Christmas, so now I have two. I wouldn't change it for the world.

I rolled over in my slumber beside the messy haired boy, cuddling into him for more warmth, hearing Harry begin to whimper from his cot in our room, my head nuzzling into James' neck for a few moments, seeing if he would drift back off to sleep or if he would cry and I would have to go and get him. He's been sleeping better, he doesn't sleep through the night as of yet, he's only around five months old, but he is sleeping better. I hummed sleepily, hearing him giggle, my eyebrows furrowing even more from the sound as James was next to me.

Why was he giggling?

"Weird, weird child" I heard a voice mutter, my eyes widening as I jumped up, gaping at the older wizard stood over his cot, looking down at me, my hand repetitively tapping James' leg as he growled, burying his face further into his pillow.

"Er- hello?" I rasped out, his head lifting up from Harry to me, his green eyes meeting my brown eyes, a faint smile on his face.

"Oh, you're awake" He observed nonchalantly, glancing down go Harry again when he whimpered, my eyes going even wider when he reached down, picking him up at arms length, slowly walking over to my bed, a stoic expression as he giggled again, wriggling his legs in the air, "I think he wants you"