✾ᴡᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇʟ✾

𝕺pening the door to my dorm, I spotted all the girls doing their own thing on their beds

𝕺pening the door to my dorm, I spotted all the girls doing their own thing on their beds. Lily was reading her potions text book, Mary and Alice were comparing their notes and Marlene was painting her nails a dark red colour.

"Mel"

"Hey" I greeted, strolling over to my bed in the corner, sitting in the middle of it, crossing my legs over each other. "Brett said he wanted to get to know me" I spoke after a few moments.

Three of them squealed, one of them smirking at me a glint in her eye- I guess you could imagine which one did which.

"And..."

"And i'm not sure if I want him to" I admitted, all of them frowning from my words. They didn't know about my condition- how hard it would be to have someone love me when I could put them in a lot of danger. Not to mention, them probably freaking out and hating me if I told them about it.

"Why not? He seems interested in you Mel" Mary inquired, putting her notes away in her bag, giving me her undivided attention like Alice did.

"He's a sixth year, i'm a fifth year. I don't really know him that well-"

"Which is the point of getting to know each other better" Marlene pointed out in an obvious tone, causing me to roll my eyes at her.

"If this is because of your...lycanthropy, you shouldn't let it get in the way" Lily added, my eyes widening, as I froze on my bed. Did she just say lycanthropy?

"My what?"

"We know you're a werewolf Mel, we have learned about them in DADA, you and Remus pretty much have all the signs" Alice admitted, the insides of my stomach twisting together, making me feel a bit sick.

"We love you, Mel. We don't think any less of you for something that is out of your control" Mary told me, a small smile gracing my lips as I glanced to each of them, all nodding their heads at me.

"So you don't think i'm a monster who deserves to die?" I whispered, tucking my knees up to my chest.

"Fuck no- Brindle is a prat. The only thing you're a monster about is when someone steals your chocolate. How badass if that, my best friend is a werewolf" Marlene commented. I laughed softly, my heart warming from their reassurance. They didn't think I was a monster, they knew but they loved me anyway.

"Thank you"

"We love you Mel"

"I love you all too"

"So is that the reason you won't get to know Vane?" Lily questioned again, placing her potions book down.

"Mainly, I don't know there's just something about it that makes me feel a bit weird. No one has ever shown interest in me before and now he admitted he liked me when he barely even knows me, I just don't know.."

"Hm. Maybe give him a chance, there's no harm in getting to know him a bit more" Alice opined, shrugging at me.

"And if you're not feeling it, you don't go on another date with him" Lily suggested.

"Either way, it's a chance to get a good snog, Vane's gorgeous I'd definitely snog him if I were you Mel" Marlene chirped, finishing up painting her nails, and laying down on her bed with her legs in the air.

"Ah yes because snogging is the first thing on my mind, Marls" I retorted, giggling at the blonde. Typical Marlene, always thinking about snogging people.

"Hey, there's no point dating a guy if they aren't good at snogging" She declared, the four of us laughing at her statement.

•••

We chatted about anything and everything for a while, Alice told us about Frank Longbottom, how they were going to go on another date and how much she liked him. I liked Alice and Frank together, they seemed like a wonderful couple together, no doubt they would get married and have loads of little Alices and Franks running around. Lily talked about how it was going with Amos Diggory, they spent the whole afternoon in the great hall, just talking and getting to know each other a bit more, she really likes him. I felt mixed feelings about this, obviously I was thrilled for Lily because she was happy with Amos but at the same time I felt sympathy for James because she wouldn't give him the chance he deserved.

We decided to go to bed around half ten because we had classes the next morning and didn't want to be tired. I laid in my bed with the curtains drawn around me, tossing and turning listening to the other girls soft snores from their sleep. Around midnight, I decided I had enough, swinging my legs over my bed and tiptoeing out of the girls dorm. I creeped towards the boy's dorm, quietly opening the door and making my way over to the bed.

I slid under the covers, feeling him wrap his arms around me bringing me closer into his body, allowing me to instantly feel comforted by his scent.

"What's up, Lunes?" He mumbled sleepily, as I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck.

"Couldn't sleep" I murmured, listening to his heartbeat in his chest.

"Okay, you can sleep now, i'm here" He whispered, planting a kiss on my head. I closed my eyes, finally feeling sleepy enough from the heat radiating off him and his reassuring smell. I drifted off, both of our arms wrapped around each other, holding one another close.

"Hey Prongs! Oh- hey Luna" I heard a voice greet, pulling back the curtains around, the light peering into the bed. I groaned from the brightness, burying my face into James' chest ignoring the fact Sirius was probably stood watching us. I heard a click and a flash, followed by a snicker from the long haired boy.

"Padfoot, go away" James muttered, increasing his grip on me.

"Hey Moony, you'll want to see this" We heard Sirius call, making our eyes shoot opens and back away from each other, just as my brother came into view. "They were sleeping together"

"Who was sleeping together?" Peter questioned, now also coming into view, "I thought you were in love with Lily"

"I am in love with Lily! Lunes couldn't sleep during the night so she came here" James remarked.

"Oh yes, i'm sure that is what it is" Sirius commented sarcastically, quirking a brow at the two of us.

"No, that's exactly what is was. I couldn't sleep" I repeated in a flat tone, standing up from the bed, walking out of the dorm without another word.

Remus, Sirius and Peter watched the girl walk out of their dorm, the three of them turning back to the bespectacled boy, folding their arms over their chest.

"She couldn't sleep!"

"Sure, whatever"

"It's the truth!"

"We know, we're just messing with you Prongs. It is a bit suspicious how defensive you got though"

"You looked adorable cuddled up together, definitely one to put in the scrapbook"

"Fuck off" James groaned, pulling the covers over his head to hide from his best friends.

•1202 words•