✾ᴏᴜʀ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ?✾

"𝕾o let me get this straight, you have both offered, no told Dumbledore you are going to take care of this child?" Regulus stated clearly, as we sat in the great hall for dinner, the tousled haired boy glancing down the table to Evelyn as Logan t...

"𝕾o let me get this straight, you have both offered, no told Dumbledore you are going to take care of this child?" Regulus stated clearly, as we sat in the great hall for dinner, the tousled haired boy glancing down the table to Evelyn as Logan tried to cheer her up as much as he can.

"Yes" We answered simultaneously, the four of them looking at us wearily, "Please, i'm not going to let them put her in an orphanage, I can take care of a bloody thirteen year old and she'll be at Hogwarts majority of the time-"

"It's just that, you're kind of the pin point of this war, El. You might be more stressed-"

"Where else is she going to go, Rem?" I whispered harshly, "This is a child who's family has been torn apart out of control. Imagine it was you, would you want to go to an orphanage?"

"No, and I love what you're offering to do but you're only seventeen-"

"Which is Wizarding age. Like I said to Dumbledore, I can get pregnant and have a baby at seventeen, and it would be my responsibility. I can look after an older child"

"We can" James corrected, kissing my temple gently, pulling me closer into his side, my head falling on his shoulder.

"Okay...." They all nodded, seemingly convinced as they flickered their eyes between us.

"It's just awful, isn't it? I can't imagine losing both of my parents and being left. One is more than enough but two I can't imagine how it must feel" Lily sighed, Remus and I exchanging a glance. Our dad was still alive but he still left us and in some cases I think it's worse.

"Lily" James muttered, Marlene elbowing her in the ribs, whispering to her.

"But their dad's still alive-"

"Okay, embracing my Slytherin. Evans, shut the fuck up and think before you speak" Regulus smiled, flipping her off as she grew more flustered, realising what she had just said outloud, Remus' jaw locking again.

"Sorry"

"It's fine" I mumbled, nuzzling my head further into James, having finished my dinner, him fully wrapping his arm around me.

A little while later, I was laid in James' bed with him in the dorm, snuggled as close to him as possible, the boy kissing the top of my head every couple of moments, just because he could and he was a very affectionate person. He slid his hand up my tshirt, raking his fingers up and down my back slowly, as we gazed at each other.

"We're doing the right thing, aren't we?" I asked him almost silently, lifting my leg over his hip, "Taking her in, just us even though we're young"

"It's only for the holidays, she'll predominantly be at Hogwarts. We can manage" He whispered, "Besides it's like a taster, you know, when we have our own"