✾ʜᴏᴡʟ-ᴀ-ᴡᴇᴇɴ✾

𝕿he full moon was as awful as I thought it was going to be

𝕿he full moon was as awful as I thought it was going to be. The boys tried their best to distract us but we ended up with more cuts and wounds than what we usually would. I had a new one down from my collar bone to the middle of my chest, Poppy tried to heal it as best as she could do but it would definitely scar. Just one more to add to the collection, I wonder how many i'll have by the time i'm thirty, probably three times as many as I have now. I'll probably be alone, in a small cottage in the middle of nowhere whilst everyone is grown up with their own families.

I took a long hot shower the morning of Halloween, the day that my friends absolutely adore. We were going to have a party tonight In the common room, hosted by yours truly, the Marauders. That wasn't until later this evening, we had lessons during the day, much to my disappointment. I washed my hair, lathering on my vanilla shampoo, allowing the scolding water trickle down my body. After a while, I hopped out, wrapping a white fluffy around my body, staring at myself in the mirror. I lifted my towel, trailing my finger tip over my newest scar, the pink line still sore and fresh.

"Hey Mel, are you okay in there?" I heard Lily ask, knocking on the door gently.

"Yeah, i'll be out in a minute, Lils" I yelled through the door, running the tap, the cold water on my face to cover my glistening eyes. I took one last glance at myself in the mirror before unlocking the door, walking back into the dorm.

The other girls were getting ready for the day, fixing their hair and adding some make up. I pulled on my uniform after muttering a hair drying spell, rolling up my skirt a few times so it rested on the bottom of my thighs. I left my top button of my long sleeve white shirt open, my red and gold striped tie hanging loosely over my neck. I opted for a grey sweater vest, revealing my white sleeves, tucking it into my skirt so it was half in, half out. I wouldn't say I went against the school dress guidlines, because I wore the appropriate uniform, but I wasn't strict to it like Lily was. She had everything perfect, her skirt resting on her knee caps, her tie in a neat knot with her grey jumper over the top.

"Use this" Marlene spoke, handing me a plain back headband, before placing it on top of my head, my straight, long blonde hair falling around it. She smirked, taking my figure in up and down, "You look good today"

"Don't I look good everyday?" I joked, packing my bag, slipping on my black loafers. I had them gifted by Mia last year when she saw my worn out black shoes, like I said before she spoils me too much.

"True, babes, true" She replied, holding the door open for me after Lily, Alice and Mary already made their way down to the common room. "What are you wearing tonight then?"

"I'm a werewolf" I grumbled, trudging down the steps to the common room with her.

"I know that, what are you wearing for the party?" She repeated in an obvious tone.

"No, i'm dressing as a werewolf" I told her, turning to face her when she laughed, "It was Sirius' idea"

"I gathered. I'm sorry it's just-"