✾ɴᴇᴡ ʏᴇᴀʀs✾

"𝕲ood Morning, Melody" Mia greeted as I trudged into the kitchen on New Years Eve, Peter and Remus already in the kitchen, James and Sirius nowhere to be seen

"𝕲ood Morning, Melody" Mia greeted as I trudged into the kitchen on New Years Eve, Peter and Remus already in the kitchen, James and Sirius nowhere to be seen. Who knows what them two idiots could be up to. On Christmas morning they woke us up to singing 'God rest ye merry hippogriff' and running around the manor in reindeer costumes, leading to many deer puns that Monty and Mia didn't understand.

"Morning" I yawned, pouring myself some coffee and standing beside the stool Monty was sitting in, facing the high island counter top, "Anything interesting?"

"More attacks i'm afraid, he's growing stronger"

"How lovely" I muttered, sipping my drink. The wizard that wants to kill me and probably everyone I love, except Regulus, is growing stronger. What other word is there to describe it except lovely?

"What time are your friends coming?" Mia changed the subject as arms wrapped around my middle from behind, a warm feeling in my body from his affection.

"Around three to get ready I believe" James answered, nuzzling his head into the back of my neck and brushing his lips over the skin. "Marls is bringing her friend, Dorcas and Alice is bringing Frank"

"I wonder why" I chuckled, knowing exactly why. Marlene and Dorcas had been spending more and more time together, I knew they were a thing. I was happy for Marlene, she deserves to be happy.

"She's the ravenclaw that blew up the potions classroom in third year. I like her" Peter hummed, as James peppered more kisses on the back of my neck, lifting me off the floor slightly, holding me closer to him.

"I have never seen something more lovey dovey in my entire life" Remus muttered, eyeing the two of us.

"It's sweet" Mia cooed, as Sirius strolled into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes and kissing Mia's cheek before sitting down beside Remus, the two of them taking side glances to each other.

"I'm sweet"

"I've never seen something more lovey dovey in my life" I mocked under my breath at the two, James laughing as he heard me and placing me back down on the floor.

"Who wants to see butterfly?" Sirius inquired, a smirk on his face.

"Yes!" Peter and James gasped excitedly as Remus shouted "No!" And I hid behind Monty's back just in time as Sirius launched the butter across the table, hitting James in the face.

"Oh" He mumbled, scrunched his face as the butter dropped to the floor, Peter and Remus laughing, as he tried to lick his cheek, Sirius snorting and Monty and Mia ignoring us, used to our antics.

"You walked into that one yourself" I told him, sliding into the stool beside Monty as he slid into one the opposite side of me.

"No he just got in the butter's way" Sirius corrected, Mia tutting at him, "In my defence I wasn't aiming for him"