✾ᴘᴀᴅғᴏᴏᴛ's ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ✾

𝕹ovember 3rd 1959, a day that changed my life for better or worse, I do not know

𝕹ovember 3rd 1959, a day that changed my life for better or worse, I do not know. I mean I wasn't even born yet, but sixteen years into the future, that's when it made the difference, and I got stuck with a shaggy, black dog as one of my best friends. Sirius wasn't a fan of his birthday, it reminded him of all the years he spent at home at Grimmauld Place, wishing that atleast someone would gift him something or say happy birthday. Regulus did, Andromeda did, Narcissa did, the others didn't. They especially didn't when he got sorted into Gryffindor, but he didn't need them then, he had us, and we were determined to make his birthday a good day for him.

He didn't like to have a party on his birthday considering we always had one on Halloween- he much preferred it if it was just our group together doing something. We were all happy with that, baring in mind we were still recovering from the nightmare of Halloween. The amount of drinking we did would last a week to finally get over. Around seven am, I tiptoed out of our dorm, heading for the boy's ones with our gift for the birthday boy. We all decided to gift him a few joint presents this year, ones that would mean more to him.

I opened the door, noticing his bed was the only one with curtains around, the other three boys quietly decorating their dorm, hanging up a small banner that read, 'Happy Birthday Padfoot', with some small black balloons in the middle. I lifted up the gifts to them, to which they nodded. Obviously as I was in the girls dorm, I took the liberty of taking the gifts and wrapping them so he wouldn't find them- I happened to do this with everyone's birthday.

We crept around his bed, Remus and Peter on one side, me and James on the other. We drew back the curtains as James and Peter transformed into their animagus form, Wormtail running on his face, James nuzzling his nose and licking him. He screamed when he opened his eyes, me and Remus laughing at his reaction,

"Happy Birthday Padfoot!" We shouted, when the other two transformed back into their human forms. He wiped his face, rubbing it on James' sweater, to which he made a disgusted noise. I collapsed onto him, hearing him groan from the thud.

"Birthday pile on!" James announced, landing on top of me, followed by Peter and Remus, each one of them earning a grunt from the long haired boy.

"Thank you but you're all crushing my breath taking body!" He recalled, trying to get us off him. We all rolled off one at a time, and I moved over to grab his gifts from James' bed handing them to the grinning boy. He tugged the paper off revealing a black dog plushie that we had bought him, causing him to laugh.

"It's a mini Padfoot!"

"Really? I thought it was a mini wormtail" He rolled his eyes, a permanent smile on his face. He unwrapped the second one revealing a new 'Queen' t-shirt we had Monty and Mia search for in the muggle world. It took a few weeks considering Monty and Mia didn't really understand who Queen was, and sent us a t-shirt with the actual Queen of England on. Bit of a misunderstanding but very funny. The last gift was another bottle of James' dad Sleekeazy hair potion that Sirius likes to use.