❀ʙᴀʙʏ❀

𝔍ames has never been happier in his entire life

When he was seven and spent the entire day with his mum and dad in the park, eating the world's biggest ice cream, he thought that was the best day of his life. When he went to his first quidditch world cup with his dad at age nine, he thought that could be the best day of his life. When he made the Gryffindor quidditch team in third year, and won the quidditch cup, he thought that could be the best day of his life. Kissing Melody Lupin for the first time was close, the first time they shared intimacy in a deeper level, or when he proposed to her. Marrying her wasn't far behind, finding out they were going to have a baby, that was especially near to the best day of his life.

However, sat here, perched on the bed next to his wife, cradling their newborn son in their arms, he knew this was by far the best day of his life.

He'd never seen anything more perfect, tiny arms and fingers, the perfect nose and pouty lips, little legs and feet. Everything. Everything was perfect about their son.

Their baby. The one he spent months talking to, preparing for, decorating, baby proofing their home. Everything, and now he was here. Their baby.

He wasn't embarrassed to admit he teared up catching the first glimpse during the birth, it was magical. He was a wizard, seeing all types of magic throughout his life, unimaginable things for muggles to think about, he'd seen it all. But this, this was the definition of magical. He teared up again when the healer asked if his 'dad' wanted to hold him for the very first time, his heart all over the place. He was a dad, a protector of the delicate, tiny human being. A dad, something he had always dreamed of being, ever since he was young.

His wife. His amazing, beautiful, extraordinary wife, he'd never loved or appreciated more than he did in this moment, he was proud of her. Of what she's done, growing their baby for nine months and giving birth to him, she was everything. If there was anyone in the world, he could be doing this with, being a parent with, it would be her. Melody Potter. It was her, always going to be here, forever and always. He grinned, looking down to where she was gazing down at their baby with pure love and adoration already, the best sight to see for him. His wife and son.

"He's going to be blind, isn't he?" I muttered to James, holding our baby boy in my arms, his flawless features in a state of serenity as he slept, an identical image of James, free of imperfections.

"Babies with glasses are the most adorable ones" He joked, kissing my temple lovingly, his nose grazing my cheek as we smiled the most we had ever done in our lives, "You did it, my love, he's here and he's perfect"

"The most perfect" I murmured, a breathy laugh escaping my lips as his nose twitched like James' does when he wants to push his glasses back up his nose, "James?"

"Mhm" He hummed, caressing his head and small mop of dark hair, his head leaning against mine, the both of us wanting to be close together.

"Please tell me someone brought a razor for you"