✾ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀɴᴅ✾

"𝕺h my Merlin!" James exclaimed, standing up from his bed, pacing around the room with a grin on his face

"𝕺h my Merlin!" James exclaimed, standing up from his bed, pacing around the room with a grin on his face. The other four of us exchanged a glance, waiting for him to continue and tell us what random thing just popped into his head. He stopped, spinning around to face us the most mischievous smirk on his face, "You know what we should do?"

"No, but that smirk on your face tells me you are going to tell us anyway" Remus pointed out, closing his book and resting it on the bedside table.

"We should.....dye Dumbledore's hair black for a week" Sirius proclaimed, Peter and I bursting out laughing while Remus stared at him in disbelief.

"Not what I was thinking, but we'll definitely do that soon" James noted, "We should form a band and then at like seven in the morning go down to the courtyard before anyone else is up and start performing live" He declared.

"That sounds...."

"Incredible!"

"I'm in"

"Definitely"

"Moony?" We all questioned, always needing his final approval before we do something. I could see him pondering for a few moments, the cogs turning around in his mind.

"I'm bass guitar" He claimed, all of us cheering in triumph. We had our Moony on board.

"I can do drums" Peter piped up.

"I can play guitar" James nodded, Sirius and I exchanging a glance.

"You sing" We both blurted in unison, the other three laughing at us.

"How about you both sing?"

"I can't sing" I mumbled, twiddling my thumbs around.

"You're joking, right Lunes? Your name is literally Melody" James stated in an obvious tone.

"Yes, the name I was given before I could even speak" I deadpanned, "I can play piano"

"And i'll play lead guitar and sing. You could join in when you feel up to it, which you will" Sirius decided, displaying an expression that said 'do not argue with me'.

"Okay" I nodded reluctantly, before beaming at the four boys.

"This is the best idea you've had yet, Prongs"

"I know... wait what?! All my ideas are good!"

•••

Around forty minutes later, we found ourselves in the room of requirements, practicing together singing and playing random songs together. The first few attempts were awful, we knew we had the potential but something just wasn't fitting right. I played with the keys on the keyboard, humming whilst James and Sirius argued over what it could be that we were missing.