✾ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅ✾

Hi,

This isn't a regular update, I'm guessing you know that by now from reading this, and when I tell you I didn't want to write this, I mean it.

I adore this book, I ADORE this book with my heart, it's the first book i've really felt connected to and I like the connection between Melody and James and her relationships in the book.

It's difficult as an author to read hateful comments on something you tried your hardest and was happy with, it's demotivating and can impact you greatly no matter how much you try to ignore it. Don't get me wrong, i'm always looking for ways to improve my writing and books, i'm open to lots of criticism but only if you do so in a nice way.

Reading a comment that says 'i'm tired and i'm starting to hate her already' when it's four or five chapters in- well it sucked to be honest. And then switching to another one of my books and commenting 'hopefully this character is likeable and doesn't say she's scarred or a monster every chapter'. It is not nice.

And i'm glad to read most of your comments that you love this story and you love Melody, a lot of you give me praise and thanks for writing this book which i'll forever appreciate, those other hateful comments did impact me. Because that's the way I am, I hate to be personal and be that author but I do struggle with mental health issues and writing is my escape much like this is a comfort book for you all to read when you're feeling down.

It's meant to be a safe place for everyone.

And i'm sure those comments you may not like either if you refer to Melody as a character.

I'm sorry I had to write this.

I love writing Melody and James, and I thought taking a break from writing them would help but it won't. And I shouldn't have to stop writing for you because of those comments if it's something we all like and enjoy. So you know what? I'm going to carry on and finish this book the way I wanted to originally.

Please be kind to everyone, you never know what someone might be going through. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

Thank you for reading,
Niamh ♡︎