✾ᴀᴍᴏʀᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴀ✾

𝕬n average Wednesday morning in September arrived in the Hogwarts, the sunny summer sunshine, dissipating into clouds with only small hints of sun

𝕬n average Wednesday morning in September arrived in the Hogwarts, the sunny summer sunshine, dissipating into clouds with only small hints of sun. We had been working on the first prank of the year, being prepared for it, after all it was a huge one and we needed time to perfect it. Our classes had been going well so far, although the NEWT classes were significantly harder than OWLs, but it was alright, nothing was too difficult for me.

The five of us strolled into the potions classroom in the dungeons, having all chosen to continue the class into the following year. Remus was debating on it, but didn't know what other subject to do as well, therefore decided to continue with all of us. James had his arm over my shoulder, pulling me into him as we took our usual seats, waiting for Slughorn to arrive.

"My hair is too long, I might cut it" I mumbled, playing with the ends. It was now more or less covering my back, and more difficult to manage.

"Where to?" He questioned, leaning his chin and his hand, fully facing me.

"There" I answered, gesturing to just past my shoulders, pondering for a few moments. He reached over, pulling my hair to that length and nodding his head.

"You'll look beautiful either way"

"I know" I responded, a smile playing on my lips when he laughed a bit, scrunching his face up at me in the most adorable way possible.

"Good morning, class!" Slughorn greeted joyfully, walking into the room, gaining everyone's attention. James moved his hand to my thigh, tracing patterns on it as we listened to Slughorn begin his lesson.

"What do you think he'd look like with cat ears?" He whispered in my ear, the two of us staring at the older Professor as he rambled, not yet telling us what we would be doing today.

"Purfectly perfect" I giggled, "Slug antennae" I whispered back, leaning my forehead on the side of his, hearing him chuckle.

"Slug horns" He mumbled, making me laugh softly again, he leaned his head more into mine, "We've got to do that before we leave"

"Yes, Miss Evans. Now amortentia is an extremely dangerous potion, as one should never underestimate obsessive infatuation" Slughorn announced, catching the both of our attention. Amortentia, the most powerful  love potion in the world, you smell whatever you are attracted to, "Instructions for the potion can be found on page seven of your books, you may begin"

"We're making amortentia?" He repeated, as I lifted the cauldron on to our work station, nodding my head. We had smelt the potion at the beginning of the last year, but not brewing it. James smelt Lily and I smelt chocolate and a mixture of all the boys, as they all give me a sense of comfort and security when they are around. It will be interesting as to what we smell today.

"I wonder what I smell...." I hummed, beginning to follow the method, step by step, hearing the three in front of us snorting.

"Uh- me?" James replied, gesturing to himself.