✾ғʟᴀᴠᴏᴜʀᴇᴅ ᴄᴜᴘᴄᴀᴋᴇs✾

"𝕳ey" A voice greeted, taking a seat in front of me in the library

"𝕳ey" A voice greeted, taking a seat in front of me in the library. I was sat in the far right corner on my own, reading my book.

"Hi" I mumbled without glancing up to the person, far too engrossed in my book at the moment. I heard them chuckle, causing me to lift my head in question, the person being a very unexpected person. I blushed slightly, closing my book after placing my book mark on the page, focusing my full attention on the older boy.

"You look adorable when you are reading" He whispered, resting his chin on his hand, blowing a curl out of his face.

"Really?" I hummed, taking the messy bun out of my hair, allowing my blonde hair to flow down in soft waves. I didn't look adorable, I had one of my brother's knitted sweaters on, my hair was up in a bun, I had my glasses on and my face was bare. I looked nothing like I did at the Gryffindor party, when he actually spoke to me for the first time.

"Yeah, adorable" He repeated, drawing shapes on the wooden table with his other hand, whilst maintaining eye contact with me, "Have you been avoiding me?"

"Have you been trying to approach me?" I returned, quirking a brow. In truth, I hadn't spoke to him since that night, I gathered that he only talked to me because I had the dress on, my hair and makeup on. Without it, I thought everything would go back to normal. There was no way he was actually interested in me. Scarred, boring me. Not when there are plenty of other girls around in Hogwarts, but here we were in the library sat across from each other again, and he called me adorable.

"Fair enough, I was too nervous to speak to you again" He murmured, averting his eyes away.

"Nervous?"

"Well you looked very pretty at the party and I felt confident after my quidditch win that day..." He began, my eyebrows furrowing, "But when everything went back to normal, I was too nervous to speak to you again. Don't get me wrong, like I said you looked pretty at the party, but now when you're like this, you're more beautiful"

My heart fluttered from his words, the blood rushing to my cheeks, painting them a rosy pink colour. More beautiful now than at the party- he must be blind.

"Do you need glasses? Because James has an extra pair you can have" I responded, a smile etching it's way on to his face.

"I'm confident I don't need glasses, Melody. I mean my words"

"You don't, Brett. Look around, girls are staring dreamily at you, they are much prettier than me and they want the attractive, star seeker" I told him standing up, gesturing to the girls around gazing at the older boy like he was the only thing on their minds.

"You think I'm attractive?" He repeated, standing up and following me out of the library, his tall frame looking ridiculous compared to my small one as we walked beside each other.