✾ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴡᴏᴍᴇɴ✾

𝕿he gushing, loud rain bounced off the windows of our dorm in Gryffindor tower, the wind picking up and blowing on the trees

𝕿he gushing, loud rain bounced off the windows of our dorm in Gryffindor tower, the wind picking up and blowing on the trees. The soothing noise woke me up from my slumber, making me draw the curtains to notice the rest of the girls still fast asleep. Checking the clock, I saw it was five fourty five in the morning, way too early to be getting ready for the day but there was no way I would be able to sleep again. I grabbed my wand, my book and one of Remus' knitted jumpers that I stole, allowing the large, warm fabric drown me before I tiptoed out of the dorm, the only noise being the soft snores from each of the girls.

The hallways of the castle were empty, most students still sleeping or doing their things in the common rooms until breakfast at eight. My brown high top converse tapped along the stone floors, blending in with the thunderous rain hitting the windows, I hummed a soft tune until I arrived at my destination, trudging up the stairs. I sat leaning against the wall, listening to the rain pelt whilst reading one of my favourite books: Little Women.

I think my favourite character would have to be Amy March out of all the sisters. I think it's because she's a complete juxtaposition to me and my personality. She's the youngest of all the sisters, meaning she was the baby of the family and definitely the most spoiled, but she had a great character development through the book. She is artistic, ambitious and self-centred, she would most likely be placed in Slytherin for that factor. The story between her and Laurie is second to none, it's like they were always meant to be, always meant to fall in love they just failed to notice while Laurie fell in love with Jo. It was as if it was right in front of their eyes the entire time.

"Little Women" A low voice spoke, walking on to the tower and sitting a little near to me. I hummed not paying too much attention to the person as I was engrossed in the book. "You are such a bookworm like your brother"

This caught my attention, finally looking up to the person after a few moments. I was surprised to say the least, the tousled haired boy had never engaged in conversation with me, "Regulus"

"Lupin"

"Melody" I corrected, running my hand through my hair while his eyebrows knitting together as he shook his head.

"We aren't friends" He mumbled, averting his stormy grey aways away from my chocolate ones to glance down to my book again, "Beth"

"Hm?" I questioned, my eyes fixated on his face from his previous statement. We aren't friends. I could be his friend if he wanted me to be, I know Sirius worries about him and I know a little about their awful home life. He should have some more friends. He was a Slytherin though, the prince, the golden boy, the complete opposite to Sirius. Godric and Salazar were great friends once upon a time.

"Beth March, she's my favourite" He continued, pointing to the book, his other hand brushing one of his brown curls out of his face.

"The musical one. Shy and quiet, the one to please everyone she's around and only concerned about keeping her family together until-"