❀ᴅᴏᴍɪɴᴏ ᴇғғᴇᴄᴛ❀

𝖂ho knew silence could be so powerful?

A second the clock ticks over and over until it reaches the twelve hand and another minute commences. A second turns into a minute, one minute turns into two, two turns into five, five is ten and then you're at fifteen. If it's fifteen, it's thirty and then forty five- rearing back to the twelve hand as then we commence another hour.

Powerful silence.

And every single person who knew Regulus Black and Melody Potter knew silence was not a good sign. It was unnerving, unsettling and disconcerting. Even Alastor Moody was rather dis focused and rather flickered his eyes over to the pair as they sat in their usual chairs, stoic, unreadable expressions. No one knew what they were thinking. Except each other.

Not even James. Sirius. Remus. Peter. Monty or Mia. Not Minnie. Marlene. Dorcas. Alice. Mary. Hell- even Lily was trying to figure out what was happening.

Because Melody Potter and Regulus Black don't sit in silence.

Never.

Dumbledore tried his best not to flicker his eyes over to two of his past students, but curiosity was eating him alive. The pair always had something to say about whatever he talked about, whether it had relevance to the war effort or not- they always had an input, nit picking at his words throughly, enjoying their time. They never sat there with completely stoic expression. He struggled to keep the concentration of the Order as they kept all glancing over to the two confusedly, and he found himself doing the same. Like he said before, there was always something about Melody Potter and Regulus Black that set him on edge.

Now, now, Albus Dumbledore didn't get nervous. He was always calm and collected- or atleast tried to be. That's how he remained in control, he was laid back.

They were making him nervous.

Still, he carried on his meeting about the Order, and what the latest is for missions, nothing huge coming up really, the death eaters and Tom Riddle were on a low ever since Bellatrix's attack on Remus. Nothing had happened since. He leaned back in his chair at the head of the table at the Potter Manor, scanning over the few pairs of eyes on him- two including the pair who seemed to have all the attention of the time.

"Now, would anyone like to say anything or have an input today?" Dumbledore voiced, my hand slipping into Regulus' comfortably, the boy stroking his thumb and down the back of my hand when we nodded our heads eventually.

"Yes" We piped up simultaneously, drawing everyone's attention towards us, some almost sighing in relief.

Finally, they were speaking. They were having an input.

"We are listening..." The older wizard nodded his head towards us, the both of us smiling faintly as we voiced simply,

"We would like to leave the Order of the Phoenix"