✾ᴍʏ ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ ʙᴏʏ✾

The 27th March, James' birthday

𝕴 stirred from my sleep beside the messy haired boy, moving my head up slightly and cuddling my body into him more. I fluttered my eyes open, viewing him as he slept peacefully. His messy hair falling all over the pillow, sticking up in all sorts of directions. The soft breaths escaping his mouth as his lips were slightly parted. I felt him hold of me increase as he kept his eyes closed, our legs fully tangled together. He nuzzled his head against mine, flitting his eyes open, even though he wouldn't be able to see me. I reached down for his glasses, fixing them on his face, watching the smile form on his lips.

"Happy Birthday, James" I whispered, gazing into his pretty hazel eyes.

"Mhm, thank you, love" He mumbled in a raspy morning voice, staring back at me, a smirk displayed on his face, "You know what I want for my birthday?"

"What do you want for your birthday?" I teased, knowing exactly what he wanted.

"A kiss" He mumbled, flickering his eyes down to my lips.

"Morning breath" I reminded him.

"Yeah, but you've got morning breath, I have morning breath so it cancels out, right? And its my birthday..." He reasoned, edging closer and closer to me. I rolled my eyes, smiling at him. I kissed his cheek, playing with him. He sighed, moving his head back away from me.

I leaned forward, reluctantly attaching my lips to his, feeling him melt into it and pull my body closer to his. I pulled back, resting my forehead on his, "That was a one time thing"

"You loved it" He claimed, rubbing our noses together affectionately, "You can't lie to me, Elody"

"One time thing" I repeated, pecking his lips again sweetly.

"As long as you kiss me more when we don't have morning breath"

"We'll see" I hummed.

"Happy Birthday Prongs!" The three boys chorused, drawing back the curtains on us, Peter ruffling his hair.

"Why can we never surprise anyone?!" Sirius cried, pointing to the two of us already being awake.

"We surprised you on your birthday, you screamed" Remus recalled, laughing at the memory.

"That's because I had a rat and stag on me, licking my face"

"Still screamed, Pads"

"Engraved in my mind forever" I chirped, remembering the day vividly, "We did a-"

"Birthday pile on!" Sirius yelled, diving on top of the two of us followed by Remus and Peter. We laughed, getting squished by the three boys.

There was a knock at the door, the girls all entering with a cake in their hands for the boy, pausing when they saw our position on James' bed.