✾ɪ'ᴍ ᴏᴋᴀʏ✾

𝖂eeks went by, each one worst than the one before

𝖂eeks went by, each one worst than the one before. The news of James and I's official break up had spread like a wildfire and he had girls all over him, wanting him. Before me there was Lily and everyone knew James was smitten with her and then there was me. But we broke up, so he could live a better life, one when he wouldn't have to deal with a monster every month. I would catch him staring at me with sadness pooling in his hazel eyes, not even paying attention to whatever girl was fawning all over him. The group of us were still broken apart, Hogwarts was more dull than ever, before they had us to lift the spirits of the new attacks and dark times happening but they didn't have that anymore.

I walked on to the astronomy tower at midnight after not being able to sleep, standing beside the figure as they smoked their cigarette over the railing of the tower. I put my hand out gesturing for him to pass me the cigarette.

"I've been told not to give you any, James-"

"Really?" I said flatly, "You're one to listen to other people?"

"Lo-"

"Reg, please" I cut him off, taking the cigarette out of his hands and breathing in all of the chemicals, hoping to de stress and relieve myself of everything I was feeling. I felt his eyes on me the entire time, even though I kept my eyes trained forward on the stars, "Your brother is a twat"

"I'm aware" He nodded, finishing off the cigarette when I passed it back to him throwing it off the edge of the tower, "I'm not excusing what he did because it was completely and utterly wrong and stupid but he did make a mistake and he knows that"

"I know. Rem won't let me talk to him anyway" I mumbled, feeling him wrap his arms around my small frame, holding me tightly.

"You know I hate hugs, I only ever let two people hug me" He muttered into my hair, my heart warming slightly in my chest.

"Aw, do you have a soft spot for me Reg?"

"Don't push it Lo, we aren't friends"

"Of course not, never..." I mumbled, nuzzling my head into the crook of his neck, just enjoying being held by someone other than Remus. "I feel like I don't have many of them anymore.."

"You'll always have me" He whispered, planting a kiss on the top of my head, making me feel slightly better, "Just don't tell anyone I let you smoke or you won't have me"

I laughed softly at his comment, the noise sounding strange from my voice box. I hadn't laughed in a long time, weeks probably. I pulled out of his embrace, a half hearted smile on my face as I scanned over his features.

"How are you with erm...everything?"

"Oh you mean living with pureblood maniacs who keep talking of this dark wizard that is going to be our saviour and kill everyone who isn't worthy of our magical blood? I'm fucking fantastic" He retorted, rolling his eyes. I hummed, tapping my fingers on the railing.