✾ᴄʀᴇsᴄᴇɴᴛ ᴍᴏᴏɴ✾

𝕿he shining stars hung high in the sky outside my bedroom at the Potter's

𝕿he shining stars hung high in the sky outside my bedroom at the Potter's. I sat on my window seat, my knees tucked up to my chest as I stared at the sky, more specifically the crescent moon. I've never actually seen a full moon in real life, I've always been busy breaking every bone in my body and turning into a fully fledged monster. I hummed softly, bringing the cuffs of James' sweatshirt over my hands, continuing to look out the window.

There was a soft knock at the door, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion. It was half one in the morning, everyone should be asleep. I sat up off the seat, walking to the door and opening it, my eyes laced with concern at the scene in front of me.

"Hey, what's up?" I whispered, bringing him into my room, taking his shaking hands into mine, and placing him down on the bed after closing the door.

"I don't know, i've got that feeling" He mumbled, looking down at his shaking hands. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have disturbed you I-"

"Peter, you know you can always come to me" I cut him off softly, wrapping my arms around him. Over the years, I had had a few times like this with Peter, he had quite bad anxiety about things and got overwhelmed from his thoughts. I knew exactly how he was feeling, so we went through it together, "Have you had a glass of water?"

"No"

"Let's start with that then" I decided, standing up and leading him over to the door, my hand still in his. We tiptoed down to the kitchen, pouring two glasses of freezing water whilst he sat there, his head in his hands, "Tell my your thoughts"

"I don't know exactly what it is, but i'm worried about the war and what's going to happen. What if we loose someone? What if someone leaves and it will never be the same again? What if he takes over the world and we have to do as he says? And then there's that feeling that I'm going to be left alone, you're with James, Sirius and Remus are denying their feelings for each other, i'm the one that's left out. I don't want to be the one that's left out, Mel"

"Wormy, we'll never leave you out, okay? We aren't the Marauders without you, we aren't whole without you. So try and think about that when you think about being left out. We'll always make time for the five of us, always. As for the war, I don't know what's going to be happen, but we will stick together and fight for everything we have and want, for a future that we all deserve to have. Dumbledore is going to go up against him, no one is more powerful than Dumbledore" I reassured him, taking his hands into mine to try and comfort him.

"Okay" He nodded, smiling half heartedly and drinking his water, "Do you think we'll make it through this war?"

"We're lions, we can do anything when we put our minds to it. Brave, courageous and strong. We've got this, Wormy"

"We've got this, Luna"

"There we go" I grinned at him, "Do you think you'll be able to get some sleep now?"