✾ɴᴇᴡ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ✾

Hi again!
Some of you had been questioning and wondering which direction I was going in for my next fanfic after i'd finished Buttercup. After some debating back and forth between a Wolfstar daughter, Tom Riddle, Teddy Lupin, Charlie Weasley, Harry Potter etc... I have finally decided I want to try a Marlene one.

I'm hoping this will start soon when Buttercup comes to an end, which is sad as I love that book with everything, but also exciting to try something new.

Now, I'd thought i'd let you see a very rough draft of a random chapter i'd just wrote in some spare time. I'm not sure as of yet whether this will be included in the story, perhaps i'll add or change it slightly at the time, but let me know what you think. Nice critiques are welcome, i'm always looking to improve or listen to your opinions!

This book will also be third person rather than flickering between first and third because I know it confuses some of you and sometimes me too when i'm writing!

I hope you enjoy it!!

————————————————

Marlene chewed the inside of her cheek, potting the brush of her black nail polish back in it's bottle, torn between grinning or wrinkling her nose up. Majority of the class are dozing off or close to, rubbing sleepy eyes with wide yawns or heads down on their desk, even Lily was fighting against her sleep, quill slipping from her grasp every couple of moments much to the amusement of Mary.

And yet besides her, practically hanging off the edge of her seat to listen to every droning monotone word from Professor Binns, Dory's scribbling down her History of Magic notes with that excitable gleam in her hazel eyes seeming to be stirring a cauldron brimming of warmth in Marlene's chest.

She couldn't comprehend how one could find the history of wand lore fascinating, but somehow, dorky Dory Potter did.

She sighs, tucking her hair behind her ear, and leans towards the witch's ear, beginning to mock Binns' lecture in much more tedious voice than the professor's if it was at all possible, "And this can be deduced from the.....sign outside of Ollivanders.... reading "Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands Since 382 B.C — oh fuck, two galleons he was already beginning to fossil himself in 382 B.C. "

Dory hums, tearing her eyes away from the ghost professor towards her blonde friend, noticing the smirk tugging at her lips from managing to distract her. History of Magic wasn't her favoured subject, there was Ancient Runes undeniably taking that first position, but she did find this lesson oddly stimulating too.

Perhaps the occupation of a Curse Breaker could be in her future, something adventurous and thrilling that entails more engrossing difficulties rather than the usual auror role — she quite likes that idea.

A sparkle catches her eye, remembering how she'd spotted the same thing a few days prior yet forgot to mention. Arching her brow, she nods pointedly, wondering, "New earrings, when did you pierce those?"

Marlene's green eyes suddenly lit up, overjoyed someone had finally noticed the new additions to her ears. She'd done them a few days ago in the bathroom of the dorm, a couple of helix hoops. Wiggling her ears happily, she answered, "Oh just the other day, you're the first to notice actually. They're very sexy, aren't they?"

"I suppose they are, trying to impress someone?" Dory asks airily, quickly glancing towards the front of the classroom towards their professor, completely missing the faint tint of pink of Marlene's cheeks, fading as soon as she returned her gaze questioningly.

She blinked, recovering herself with a grin once more, about to reply when a paper aeroplane hit the side of Dory's head, the snorts of laughter and high fives echoing around the room, easily allowing them to conclude the culprits were none other than her twin brother and Sirius.