✾ʜʏᴘᴏᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄᴀʟ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs✾

𝕾he chose blue

𝕾he chose blue.

And she looked incredible. All of us girls dyed it the muggle way, having a sort of girls pamper night at the same time. We did muggle face masks, talked about boys and sex. Even though I knew Marlene's sexuality, the other girls didn't yet. Alice informed us all that Frank had asked her to be his girlfriend when they went on their walk around the castle, apparently he had a little decoration of flowers in one of the classrooms and asked her there. The whole time she told us she had the biggest smile and dreamy look in her eyes.

I couldn't help but be slightly jealous of her, obviously I'm ecstatic that she's in love, she definitely deserves love. I don't. I couldn't be loved or love anyone in that way, I wouldn't want to put anyone at risk with my condition, it's bad enough the boys are unregistered animagi for us, I still don't really like that factor despite being appreciative of my friends. Being in love sounded amazing, I just wanted to feel a small flicker of that feeling, however I couldn't let it happen. I wouldn't let that happen. I couldn't be selfish about this.

"Morning girls" Remus greeted, the five of us walking down from the dorm into the common room for breakfast. I yawned feeling extremely tired, walking into my brother's arms, feeling him kiss my head, "A little tired, El?"

"Mhm"

"Nothing a bit of breakfast can't fix" Peter chirped, standing up from the couch with James, Sirius already stood beside my brother.

"Because food is the cure of the world, yes, we know Wormy. You tell us every morning" Sirius grumbled, obviously in the same state as me. We weren't really morning people. Well, I could be up bright and early in a morning but I wouldn't be chirpy and happy like James and Peter could be.

James took my bag off my shoulder for me, swinging it over his other one as the group of us made our way out of the common room and down for breakfast. Walking into the great hall it was silent. There wasn't one word being spoken, everyone just staring down at their food, friends or into thin air. We all exchanged a curious glance, sliding into our seats, noticing a copy of the Daily Prophet on the table.

'Young muggle family murdered, witnesses claimed seeing a man with a cloak and flashes of green light'

We all gulped reading the headline, our hearts sinking. This was the first proper casualty at the hands of this 'Dark Wizard' people have been talking about. He preaches blood supremacy and plans to eliminate anyone who opposes him, thats what Monty and Mia had told us over Christmas. Because they are aurors they have been out searching and alert to the wizard, apparently he has been gathering a following, mostly pureblood families that just happen to be in Slytherin. The house of green and silver of which some of the older pupils were whispering and chuckling at the article. Disgusting. Vile. Sick. How could you find something like that funny? Innocent people have lost their lives, to someone in a world they don't even know exists.