✾ʙʟᴏᴏᴅʏ ᴡᴇʀᴇᴡᴏʟᴠᴇs✾

𝕬 Mia and Melody day

𝕬 Mia and Melody day. Mia insisted on the two of us having a girls day while Monty entertained the boys back at the manor, probably playing quidditch or something. We decided to go to Diagon Alley to look around the shops and go for tea or coffee in my case. Mia was really like another mother to me and did things with me that my mum couldn't being a muggle or because she was sick.

"Have you seen mum lately?" I asked her as we walked through the crammed alley, my converse hitting the cobblestones with each step. We had just had our beverages in a small café and were now strolling through the alley.

"I saw her a couple of days before you came back, she's doing alright. Your dad is taking care of her" She informed me, pulling me into a clothes shop to look around, no doubt would buy me anything I looked at for just a moment.

"Okay, so she's doing okay?" I questioned quietly, following her around the shop as she browsed through the shelves and hangers.

"She's doing okay, Melody"

"Good" I nodded, breathing out a breath of relief. She picked up a summer dress, a white one. It was thin strapped with a v neck and then flowed down to around mid thigh length. It would definitely be a dress I wouldn't usually wear, much more mature.

"James would love this on you" She hummed, holding it up to me. I blushed, averting my eyes away, hearing her laugh softly, "It would look beautiful on you"

"Mia I don't-"

"You can wear it on Easter, Melody, if I had a figure like yours I would definitely wear something like this"

"You have an amazing figure, Mia, I don't know what you're talking about" I knitted my eyebrows together, following her around the shop again. I didn't have a desirable figure, I was just skin and bones, no curves, nothing.

"Oh, my day for wearing dresses like these are long gone, my dear. You are young, embrace it" She reiterated, picking up a red top and held it against me, "...and James would drop his jaw to the floor"

"You seem pretty adamant on James liking what I wear" I laughed, watching a smile etch its way on to her face.

"I've been waiting for you to get together for years, let me have this. I never would have thought he'd be able to get a girl, nevermind that girl being you. If he's anything like his father-"

"He can't form any words when he tries to speak" I finished for her, the both of us smiling at each other until her face becomes serious and she looks into my eyes.

"Do you love him?" She whispered, hope in her bright blue eyes. Obviously, James inherited Monty's eyes because his were hazel not the oceany blue Mia has.

"I love him, yeah" I nodded, swallowing slightly. I loved him before we were together. I always loved him. I knew what she meant though, it was kind of a awkward thing for me. Mia was like my mum and yet I'm talking about being in love with her son.