The Rose-Red Tyrant

-3rd POV-

As (Y/n) slept, she suddenly had a dream.

"Hurry up and paint those roses red!" The cards said, painting the trees white roses with red paint, "Slather them quickly, as foresaid."

"Hurry, Hurry! There are still roses left to paint!" Ace of Clubs said.

'They're painting...roses?' The dual haired girl thought as she watched the scene in front of her.

Suddenly a blond haired girl walked up.

"Why are you painting these white roses red?" She asked them.

"Huh?" The cards said.

"Why, you ask? It's quite simple." Two of Clubs said, "We planted the wrong color, you see."

"The Queen likes her roses red. If they're white, we'll lose our heads!" The Ace of Clubs said.

"Goodness!" The girl said, as she walked towards another card that was on the ladder.

"And so, we're painting the roses red." The Three of Clubs said.

And soon, darkness greeted the hero-in-training, before her eyes slowly opened.

"Weird..." She mumbled, before hearing knocking, "Someone must be at the door."

"Myaaah...Hey, (Y/n)...I know it's the middle of the night, but I think we've got a visitor." Grim said, waking up, "Maybe it's those ghosts again? They just don't know when to quit."

(Y/n) smiled softly and picked him up, "I don't think its the ghosts, Grim." She said, before the two ventured out the room and towards the entrance, "Who is it?"

"It's me, Ace! Just let me in, all right?" The male said, before the girl opened the door.

"Ace? It's the middle of the night!" The feline said, before noticing something, "B-Bwah! That collar!"

"I can't go back to Heartslabyul House. I'm joining your dorm. For good."

"Myah?! Come again?!"

"Come on, let's go sit down." The girl said, walking towards the lounge area, and the male followed.

As they walked, Ace couldn't help but be shocked at the amount of work was done to the dorm, since she made the dorm Japanese styled like back home. He sat on the couch as the girl sat arms length from him.

"I'd recognize that collar anywhere. It's the same one that psycho stuck on me at orientation! What'd you do to get shackled with that?" Grim said, reminiscing the memory.

The male crossed his arms and looked away, "I ate a tart."

"You...ate a tart?" The dual haired girl questioned, not sure if she heard right.

"Yeah, that's it! That's all I did! I was a little hungry, see, so I went down to the kitchen and found some tarts in the fridge. Three whole tarts! Big ones, too!" He said.

-Small Flashback-

Ace walked into the kitchen, exhausted, "Man, I'm still tired from our little adventure. I missed dinner, too, and now I'm starving!" He said, as he walked towards the fridge, "Got anything for me, fridge?" He opened it, "...Whoa, score! Tarts! Those look amazing! And plenty to go around, too! No one would notice if I snagged one teeeeensy little slice, right? Right. Of course not."

He then took a slice and took a bite. As he chewed the tart, his eyes widen, "Mhpm...So good! I'm in pastry paradise right now!"

"Of course they're good. Trey made them. His tarts are always exceptional." A new voice said.