The Usurper from the Wilds

-3rd POV-

"I call to order this meeting of housewardens. Our agenda today concerns the October Spelldrive tournament. Let us begin with the report from the head of the tournament planning committee: Mr. Ashengrotto of Octavinelle house." Crowley said, turning to the male.

Azul nodded and looked at the rest, "Greetings. I am Azul Ashengrotto, and it is my honor to lead the planning committee. I am pleased to announce that we have fully booked the grounds surrounding the coliseum. All of the kiosk space allotted to both internal organizations and external businesses is now full." He said.

"Sweet! This tournament should be a real lively one, then." The cheery white haired male said.

"All invitations to various royalty have been sent, and public tickets are selling briskly. And, as in past years, we have received numerous requests to cover the event from both television stations and print media."

"Sounds like the whole world will be watching. Before I was admitted here, I looked forward to receiving my VIP invitation every year." He then looked at the lion male that sat next to him with a large grin, "I imagine you got them too, Leona? We might have run into each other at the tournament when we were kids!"

"Who knows? And also, who cares?" Leona said, sighing.

"This year, I'll have to work extra hard on my makeup to make sure I'm shining like a diamond on the new Ultravision displays. With all the exertion, I'll need to be touching it up constantly!" The beautiful male said.

Riddle let out a sigh, "...House Pomefiore is the only dorm that regularly calls timeouts to fix their makeup."

"How can you all be so excited to be on TV? Just the idea of it makes me wanna puke." The voice came out from a tablet.

Azul cleared his throat, " As I was saying."

"Oops, sorry!" The white haired male said, smiling.

"Now, as soon as your dorms' player rosters are settled, I'll need your registration documents. Any dorm that is even a single day late—"

"Will be promptly disqualified, I trust." The red haired male said.

The male smiled, "No. They will be charged a handling fee. Consider it remuneration for rush processing."

"What? I don't approve of you changing the rules to allow for policy exceptions!"

The white haired male let out a small laugh, "And I couldn't be more grateful for it!"

"Let's try to stay on topic. We need to discuss the tournament bracket. I had an idea I'd like to propose." The headmage said.

"And that is...?" Riddle said.

"It concerns the Diasomnia housewarden. I think we should induct Mr. Draconia into the hall of fame to keep him off the field entirely."

"Say whaaat?!" The white haired male exclaimed.

Leona glared at them, "What are you on about?"

"Ever since Mr. Draconia enrolled here, no dorm has scored even a single point against Diasomnia. Diasomnia regularly scores 100 points per game, with 90% of them being from Mr. Draconia himself." Crowley said.

"Now that you mention it, when we had to face them last year, it did feel completely futile." The white haired male said, pouting.

"The dude totally breaks the game. It's like he's got cheat codes enabled." The male from the tablet said.

"Amusement is not the only goal of this tournament. Our hope is that spectators the world over will discover talented new mages. However..." The older male trailed off, "Recent matches have been ending without anyone, save Mr. Draconia, casting even a single spell. And that includes his own teammates! And that is a less-than-optimal state of affairs."