The Watchman of the Underworld

-3rd POV-

A beep came in and the Ignihyde housewarden answered.

"Idia Shroud speaking."

"Acting Director, I have a status report on the River Lethe for Case LOD-627. It is now 100% charged. The info-scrubbing team is all set, and the Charon Hexa Team has arrived over Sage Island waters." The technician on the other line said.

"2200 hours on the dot. Gotta hand it to you guys. Run flood as scheduled at 0000—" Idia was cut off when the power went out, making his eyes widen, "What?! The power went out?!" He looked at the tablet, "Control room, come in! Hello? Nope, I'm not getting through." He checked the phone, "How about the wired network..." He only got silence, "No luck there either."

He went to the door, hoping for it to slide open automatically, to which it didn't, "The door's not opening. Shouldn't the emergency power have kicked in by now? Whatever. I gotta get out there and see what's happening. Where's the emergency release?" He looked around, before spotting the lever, "...Ah, here we go."

He got ahold of it and pushed it, "Hrrrngh!" He grunted, trying to get it to switch to the other side, "Geez...Why's this thing so hard to move?! Isn't it supposed to be for emergencies? Requesting QOL update! Hnnngh!" He said, before trying again and successfully getting open, then ran out. He panted, shaking his arms a bit, "Finally out. Ortho! Check the Styx HQ emergency power!"

He got no answer, and his eyes widen, not receiving an answer, "...Ortho? He's not answering. Have all the microphones in here gone offline? What in the world...?"

The alarms blared and the red lights came on.

"Blot alert. Blot alert. Elevated levels of blot density detected within the facility. All personnel, report to your stations immediately." 

"If an alert's going off, the emergency power must be back online. But elevated blot density? Does that mean something's up with Tartarus or the Underworld?" He muttered, "Cerberus! Turn on maximum security for the whole island. Deploy the Charon power armors on autopilot. And transfer all Chariots from the hangars to the port."

Though, he only received silence.

"...Cerberus? Cerberus, respond! The power should be back, but the Cerberus System isn't responding to me...Ortho! Come in, Ortho!" He called out, but no answer from either, "...Argh! Just what is going on here?!" He said to himself before running.

-----

"The Cerberus System's completely down. It's not accepting any commands from the outside!"

"Tartarus cryopreservation levels dropping! Cages are thawing in the first sector of Towers 1, 2, and 3. All subjects are regaining consciousness!"

"No response to our emergency signals! We can't get through to the director either! And we've lost contact with the Charon team near Sage's Island! We're completely cut off from the outside!"

"I can't get the invisible shield's emergency release code to work!"

Technicians said, frantically typing away, trying to resolve the situation as quickly as possible but it was futile.

The door opened and in walked in Idia. His eyes widen, seeing everyone running around.

"What...What's happening?" He said.

A technician looked at him, "Acting Director! The Cerberus System has shut down!"

"That's impossible! Any changes to Cerberus require biometric authentication from a member of the Shroud family. I'm the only one on the island with that level of authority...How did this happen? The how and why can wait. I gotta smack Cerberus awake!" He walked up to one of the computers, "If it won't boot via bio-authentication, I'll have to punch in the code by hand..." He typed.