The Watchman of the Underworld

-3rd POV-

"Did you seriously volunteer us for the most dangerous assignment without even discussing compensation?" Azul narrowed his eyes at him, "Our Thunder Spear isn't even fully charged!"

Riddle smirked, "Heh. You can fuss all you want, but you know as well as I that this is the best plan."

"Yes, yes. After all, on the off-chance we screw this up, they'll all whip up another plan in no time."

"There you go. Okay, you drive and I'll shoot. Let's get in the Chariot." He said, walking to the vehicle.

His eyes widen, "Wait, hold on. You want me to drive?!"

"Well, I don't have a driver's license. The again, this is private property. Maybe I don't have to worry about that."

"I don't have one either, you know! I can barely ride a broom as it is. And you expect me to drive a vehicle I've never seen before? I can only indulge your unreasonable demands for so long!"

"Don't worry! Chariots are technomantic vehicles, they're not like brooms at all. All you have to do is turn the steering wheel. It balances itself. It'd take a lot to make one flip over. It's just like a blastcycle! Now hurry!" A staffer said.

"I'm a merman, remember?! Blastcycles are even more foreign to me than brooms!" The gray haired male exclaimed.

The red haired male deadpanned, "Hmm...In hindsight, I should've taken driving lessons and gotten a technomantic vehicle license."

"This is no time for reflection!"

From under then, the Phantom could be seen climbing up the wall, shocking the two.

"Ack! Ortho's climbing up the wall. He's just about here!" Riddle exclaimed.

"Oh, for..." Azul looked at the Chariot, "Fine! Whatever! Just hold on tight and try not to fall off!"

"Right! We got this, Azul!" He said, as the two ran to it and hopped on, flying up in the air.

Idia let out a chuckle, seeing the two, "Looks like stage one is a ranged DPS and healer combo. C'mon, Ortho! Let's get out there and cut loose!" He exclaimed.

-----

Magic after magic thrown at Ortho. Riddle got the spear out.

"Now! We'll stop Ortho in his tracks with the Thunder Spear!"

Azul's eyes widen, turning to him, "But we don't have enough energy for that, do we?!"

"Charge level at 30%. Firepower may not be sufficient."

"In that case..." The red haired male trailed off, "Our magic will have to make up the rest!"

"That's absurd!" The gray haired male exclaimed.

"Did the manual say we couldn't use other power sources? No, it did not." A spiral of red appeared under him, "Let's do this!"

The male sighed, finally agreeing, "...Very well!" He raised his pen, "Here I go, Riddle-san!"

They both sent magic to the spear, which made it glow brightly in blue and red, before the spear shot out a powerful stream of magic.

"Hraaagh!" The two yelled out.

Ortho and Idia let out a gasp.

"Aaaugh!" Ortho exclaimed, falling.

"Ortho!" The older male called out, before looking at the two, his flames going red in anger, "Blast...How dare you peons treat Ortho like that!"