Schemer of the Scalding Sands

-3rd POV-

"Oh, hey, Azul. What brings you to our dorm?" Kalim said, smiling at the male.

"Hello there. It's nice to see you, Kalim-san." Azul said, before smiling as he looked around, "Goodness me! Scarabia never fails to impress every time I visit. It's a veritable winter wonderland outside, yet in here, the sun's so hot that it might as well be midsummer." He turned to the male, "You would have vacationers coming in droves if you opened up a resort here. It's a ideal location."

"You don't say? I don't really have the savvy for business stuff, but thanks for the kind words!"

"At any rate, I'm here today because I caught your magic carpet. I'd like to return it to you."

The male's eyes widen, "Really? It ran off again?" He pouted slightly, "I'm sorry you had to deal with that."

"Oh, it's no bother at all. By the way, is Scarabia having holidays in the dorm this year?"

He nodded, "Yes, that's right. Is Octavinelle doing the same?"

"Why, yes! Fancy that! In fact, what say we take this opportunity to improve relations between our dorms?"

"Wha...?!" Jamil exclaimed, shocked.

"It seems there are many things to be learned from Scarabia's unique studying style that was apparently adopted this winter." Azul said.

"That's right! I would be positively honored to host Octavinelle's housewarden here in our dorm." Kalim said, grinning.

"...Kalim, I recommend against this." The black haired male said.

"Aw, why?"

"The whole point of our current training regimen is to catch up to the other dorms. If we invite the housewarden of one of those other dorms to join us, we're showing the enemy our hand."

"Oh, please. He's hardly an enemy Besides, didn't you invite the Ramshackle residents?"

"Well, er...Yes..." He mumbled, before looking at the gray haired male, "Look, Azul. I'm saying this for your own good."

"You're absolutely right, Jamil-san. Other dorms are always going to be, on some level, our rivals in the grade standings. I'm afraid we'd best take our leave, boys. Kalim-san, Jamil-san, best of luck with your training." Azul said, before he began to walk off with the twins. He then let out a sigh, "Back to spending yet another holiday stuck indoors in the dead of winter, just the three of us. It's unavoidable, I suppose..." He said sadly.

"And after we worked so hard to capture that magic carpet and bring it back...." Jade said.

"And it made a huge mess outta the Mostro Lounge in the process." Floyd said sadly.

The three let out a long sigh, "Alas..."

"Layin' on the guilt trip a little thick there, don't ya think?!" Grim exclaimed.

(Y/n) deadpanned, "They really thought this through..." She mumbled.

"Not so fast!" Kalim exclaimed, standing up, as the three stopped in their tracks.

"Here we go..." Jamil said, sighing.

"Azul is one of the top magicians in our whole school. I think Scarabia would benefit greatly from having him over! Besides, turning away esteemed guests out of hand would bring shame upon the Asim family name." The male said, smiling at them.

Azul smiled, "Why, Kalim-san! What a kind and generous soul you are! Naturally, I would be more than happy to share any insights I have with you." Azul said, smiling at the male.