A Beautiful Tyrant

-3rd POV-

After the performance, Kalim ran straight to the twins and the feline.

"(Y/n)! Shoto! Grim! What'd you think of our performance?" He said.

(Y/n) smiled softly, "You were all great." She said, as Shoto nodded.

"You all can dance better than us." The girl's twin said.

The white haired male then pouted, "I'm sad we couldn't dance our other one. That would've been fun!"

The girl pat his head, as she held up a finger to her lips, "Shh. No one can know that we have another dance in case something happens."

"Right!"

"The stage was way bigger than our practice room...But it felt kind of nice to dance without worrying about being cramped." Epel smiled.

"Heh. Even you're coming around." Jamil said.

"I'd like to review our footage right now. And not just the front; I want to know how it looks from both sides." Vil said.

"Good work, Vil! That was the best performance I've ever seen! I got goosebumps just watching! We're with the Shaftlands news program. Could you spare some time for an interview to be shown on our evening news?" A male from the TV staff said.

"Certainly." He said, smiling, having a professional aura around him.

"Thanks! Night Raven College got selected as this year's SDC host school...So I'm sure there was a lot of pressure on you. But I'd have never guessed it from the flawless performance you put on! Your powerful singing, your sharp dance moves...It wasn't just good for students—it was professional to a tee! It's hard to find groups as good as yours the world over. And I'd expect nothing less from a team led by Vil Schoenheit!"

"Thank you kindly. We went through some very rigorous rehearsals to get here, so I'm delighted you enjoyed it. We'll have an even better performance at showtime—no, we'll have the fairest in the land. Don't miss it." He smiled.

"After a first act this strong, I think I'll end up watching the following acts with a much more critical eye."

"Ooh! That's a promisin' start right there!" Grim said.

"Actually, we're planning on posting ten-second promo videos to Magicam. They're going to include footage of the representative teams in their rehearsals, as a preview of what the SDC will be like live. The headmage has granted his permission already. I believe his words were, "Whatever generates more hype for the SDC." Would you be willing to review our footage?"

"I'd be happy to." The Pomefiore male said, nodding.

"Ah, I see now. On the surface, the SDC is purely a school music recital. They don't reveal song titles or lineup order until showtime. But it gets a lot of commercial attention, which necessitates advertising to build excitement." Jamil said.

"Sounds like a lot's going on under the cowl. But it makes sense to wait to the last minute. That way nobody can come up with counter-plays after watching another school's performance, or change their song. But we do have another one just in case something happens..." Ace mumbled the last sentence.

"Thanks for your help! We'll be posting this video right now." The staff said.

"No, thank you. Now, if you'll excuse me." Vil said, before walking off.

"Oh, hey! The video just went up on the TV station's Magicam account!" The orange haired male said, phone in hand.

"Whoa, you're right! Gah, I saw myself for a second there...and I think my dancing is kind of stilted." Deuce said, embarrassed by his dancing.