The Merchant from the Depths

-3rd POV-

As (Y/n) slept, her mind drifted off to another dream, but this time, she was in the ocean. She looked at the sky, seeing the dark clouds and thunder, 'What an intense storm...' She thought.

"Hurricane a'comin'! Stand fast! Secure the riggin'!" A sailor from the boat said.

A red haired girl pulled a male with black hair to shore, before laying him on the sand, and the dual haired girl took notice of the girl's tail.

'A mermaid...?'

"Look! He's breathing." Ariel said, smiling, before going back into the ocean once she heard someone coming closer.

"Eric!" Grimsby exclaimed, as they help the male known as Eric up, and they both walked towards the palace.

"A girl...rescued me." The black haired male said, as they walked, "She had the most...beautiful voice..."

Once the two were out of sight, Ariel pulled herself up a rock, "My heart...Oh, how it pounds! Yes, I know it. The day will soon come..." She then sung as a splash of water came up behind her, "...part of your world!"

Near her were two eels, who watched the whole thing as they let out a small laugh.

Then everything went dark for the hero-in-training, and her eyes soon fluttered open.

'Why would I dream about that...?' She thought.

"Mrrrghrow...The trick to tests...is if they're two choices...it's a trick question..." Grim said, before his eyes slowly started to close.

"Pulling off an all-nighter?" The girl said, which shocked the feline awake.

"Myah! Don't surprise me like that. You'll make me forget everything I memorized!" He said, glaring at her, "Today's the last day of final exams, y'know. You and I are still technically one student put together, so you better not tank my grades, (Y/n)."

She slightly chuckled and got up, grabbing her uniform, "Well, better get dressed then."

-----

"The test is over, pups. Put your pens away and hand over your answer sheets like good little dogs. And with that, I do believe exams have come to a close." Crewel said.

"Yeaaah!" Ace, Deuce and Grim cheered, as the girl blinked at them.

"Down! Sit! Don't start celebrating yet." He said, scolding the three, "Any bad boys or girl who fare poorly in their exams...will be given mandatory remedial lessons over the winter holidays. Consider yourselves warned. Class dismissed." He then walked off.

The orange haired male sighed in relief, "Whew, finally. It's over!" He grinned.

"I gave it my absolute best. All that's left now is to wait for our scores to come back." The blue haired male said.

The feline laughed, "No lousy test is a match for my brilliant mind."

"Really? You guys usually look like your lives just flashed before your eyes after written exams. Now you're changing your tune?" Ace said.

"You bet your bottom thaumark I am. Today marks the dawn of a new and improved me! You better be ready, 'cause soon you'll all be callin' me "Galaxy Brain Grim" and beggin' for scraps of my knowledge."

"That's a bold claim, but I'm pretty confident in my performance this time myself. No offense, but I'm definitely gonna outscore you." Deuce said.

"Say's the guy who's perpetually biting his lip and barely staying above a failing grade. Of course, this test was a piece of cake for me, so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna come out on top." His other braincell said.