The Merchant from the Depths

-3rd POV-

Azul walked towards the vault and opened it.

"Hey...Those are the contracts we signed!" Deuce whispered, as they all saw the contracts.

"So he's been keeping 'em in the vault after all." Ace whispered.

"One, two, three..." The gray haired male said with a smirk, before chuckling.

"He's counting those contracts like they're a wad of bills! Look at that smirk on his face." Grim whispered.

"What a twisted pastime..." Jack whispered, a blush still present on his face.

"I think he's done counting..." (Y/n) whispered.

"Ahhh. That's that. I'd better be getting back now." Azul said, returning the contracts to the vault, closing it and locking it. Then he left the room.

All of them sighed in relief, before coming out the desk. The wolf male was the most relieved, since he has never been that close to a girl.

"We were this close to gettin' noticed." The feline said, putting his two paws close together.

"Wait, look!" The silver haired male said, looking at the desk, "He left a contract out on the table."

"For real?! Lucky us! Let's swipe it and see if we can tear it up." Ace said, grinning.

"Who knew Azul was so sloppy with this stuff?" The tanuki said, as the girl's eyes narrowed, "Let's see what we got here..."

"Wait, Grim!" The dual haired called out, but it was too late, since they all got zapped.

They all let out a yell, feeling the electricity going through their body.

"Mraaah! My whole body's paralyzed!" Grim exclaimed.

The girl winced and her body twitched, "C-C-Can't....move..." She mumbled, trying to move.

A familiar laugh was then heard, making their eyes move towards the source.

"Dear me. You're all twitching like you got attacked by an electric catfish." Azul's said, as he grinned, "You look positively silly."

"You were onto us the whole time?!" Jack scowled, as they were all released from their paralyzed state.

"Of course I was. Your fluffy tail was perfectly visible under the desk." He smirked, before he feigned a sad look, "It would appear you were trying to steal the contracts...Unfortunately for you, they're rigged to jolt anyone who touches them aside from myself." He said.

"So the whole thing was a setup?!" The orange haired male exclaimed.

"I told you that my contracts are completely unbreakable."

Floyd laughed, "What a bunch of schmucks! Why would you even try when you know how this is gonna go?"

Jade chuckled, "Floyd, don't laugh at the poor things. That's just mean." He smirked, "They're wracking their little peabrains. This is simply the best they could come up with." He chuckled again.

"Trying to steal someone else's valuables merits a proper punishment, wouldn't you say?" Azul said.

"Indeed. They need to be taught a firm lesson so that they never think of doing it again."

"I'm gonna squeeze you all, ooone byyy ooone." Floyd said.

"Watch out, guys! Incoming!" The wolf male yelled out.

-----

Jack panted, "I never knew housewardens were this powerful!"

"Let that be a lesson to you. Never try to steal my contract again." Azul said, smirking.