The Lord of Malevolence

-3rd POV-

"You said you weren't related to Lilia by blood, and that there was no other reason for him to be responsible for you. But I imagine Lilia feels much the same way." Malleus said.

Silver wiped his tears, "...What?"

"Human lives are incredibly brief compared to those of the fae. Perhaps he believes you shouldn't have spend part of your fleeting human life looking after a feeble old man."

"Father...Why...?" He let more tears stream down.

He was silent for a bit, "There's something my grandmother has often talked to me about. It's the reason why our family, with our draconic lineage, is so exceptionally powerful even among the nocturnal fae. She said it's to ensure that nothing ever diminishes the happiness of our people in Briar Valley."

"Yet here I am, incapable of dispelling the sorrows of father and son alike. What good does all this magic do me?" The horned male frowned, "...I'm completely powerless."

"That's not—" He was cut off by a device going off, "Oh...Uh, Malleus-sama? Your phone is ringing."

"That's not my phone. It's a toy Lilia gave me..." He said, taking it out, "Ah, look at that." He showed him the screen, "Drakon has left an egg and departed once more."

"It must be sad, huh..."

"It isn't, really. It simply continues to live out its fictional life inside this miniature garden. Hence, there's nothing to grieve over." His eyes then widen, "...Ah!"

"Maybe you're right. It's a fairy-tale game, designed to comfort people. Perhaps there's no harm in indulging in its fantasy—one where people live on indefinitely, so long as you take care of them."

"What if...What if...there was some way to guarantee you'd never lose your friends, or family, or anything else? Would you wish for that?"

"Yes...Of course." He said, remembering when he spoke to Lilia and (Y/n), "Of course! That's it!" He laughed, "How did I miss something so very simple? I have it. I know what to gift Lilia."

"Malleus-sama...?" Silver softly called out.

"Come, Silver. Let us go see him."

"Huh? Whoa!" He said, before his arm was grabbed and the two disappeared.

-----

(Y/n), who was speaking with her brother, when suddenly her eyes went dull, 'Better keep my guard up...' She thought, before feeling slightly unbalanced, grabbing her brother's arm.

"(N/n)? You alright?" Shoto questioned her.

Midoriya looked over, seeing her slightly pale, "Yeah, you okay?"

She nodded, "Yeah. Just lost my footing..." She said, before looking at her brother, "Keep your guard up, there will be an overblot soon." She whispered to him.

The dual haired male nodded.

"Wow...Look at this crowd. The whole place is crammed with people, from the hall to the lounge. What an enormous party. It's like my nii-san's the only one missing out..." Ortho pouted as he came in.

"Hey, Ortho! Over here!" Ace called out.

He went up to them, "I see all of you came too."

Grim munched on the food, "Took ya long enough, Ortho! It's too bad, though; they just ran outta this incredible meat dish."

He giggled, "Thanks for the concern. I don't get my energy through oral intake, so I'm good."

"You're pretty late, though. Did something come up?" Deuce questioned.