The Rose-Red Tyrant

-3rd POV-

After explaining to Crowley everything, he hummed in thought.

"Ah...I believe I understand the situation. You are resistant to the idea of apologizing, but unable to devise any other method to get the housewarden to remove the collar."

"Yeah, pretty much." Ace said.

"I see. If you and the housewarden are truly unable to reconcile, you could always transfer. However, this is the dorm that the Dark Mirror chose for you based on the essence of your being. Any attempt to relocate would necessitate quite a burdensome process, as well as a new ritual."

"A transfer, huh...? That'd make me feel like I was running away with my tail between my legs."

"Hmm." He hummed, before smiling, "Then it sounds like you should challenge Mr. Rosehearts for leadership of the dorm."

"Whaaaat?!" Everyone exclaimed, with the exception of (Y/n).

"Lower your voices! This is a library!" Crowley whispered-yelled.

"But what you said was...insane!" The orange haired male said in a whisper.

"There is nothing remotely "insane" about it. After all, that's how Mr. Rosehearts got the position."

"What exactly is the process by which housewardens are selected at Night Raven College?" Deuce cut in.

"Trey said that Riddle became housewarden within his first week as a student here." Grim said, remembering.

"There are several ways. You could be appointed by the previous housewarden, for example, or duel the current warden and win. A duel is certainly one of the simpler methods." The headmage said.

"But isn't fighting with magic against the rules?" Ace said.

The male nodded with a smile, "In general yes. A duel initiated through a formal procedure and conducted in the presence of the headmage is another matter entirely."

"I'm pretty sure the duel rules don't allow for preemptively handicapping your opponent..." The green haired upperclassman said, "So this could be a way to force Riddle to remove your collar without apologizing. That said..."

"The right to challenge a housewarden is bestowed upon all students when enrolling at Night Raven." He looked at Ace with a smile, "So what do you say, Mr. Trappola? Will you challenge Mr. Rosehearts?"

"Sure, I'll give it a shot!" The male said, nodding.

"Then I will too." The blue haired male said, stepping up next to the male.

"Me three!" The feline said.

"I'm afraid no, Mr. Grim. You cannot challenge a housewarden of a dorm to which you do not belong." Crowley said, shaking his head.

"Myah?! Then how'm I supposed to get this buzzkill collar off?!" 

The orange haired male pat his head, "If I become housewarden, I'll just order Riddle to remove it! Easy-peasy!"

"How will everyone know how tough I am if you do that?" He said, pushing the male's hand.

Trey looked at them, "Are you sure about this? I certainly didn't expect you to throw your hat in the ring, Deuce."

"You didn't? I think every man's gotta make a grab for glory at least once in his lifetime." He then smirked, "And if we're teaming up to take him down, ya better believe I'm running the show!"

"Oh man, here we go again." Ace said, grinning at him, which made the male snap out of it.

"Huh? What'd you say?"