A Beautiful Tyrant

Work is beating me T^T but at least I have money now. I'm hanging out with da besties on Tuesday, and I'm finally buying my sword muahaha!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-3rd POV-

After the whole introductions, Deuce sighed.

"Last night was awful..." He said.

"I'm aching all over after having to sleep on the hard floor." Ace said.

"I ain't even in the ensemble. It ain't fair, I tell ya..." Grim whined.

"Guys? Are you okay?" Epel asked them.

Kalim smiled at everyone, "Good morning."

"I heard a bunch of noise last night and leapt out of bed. I thought someone was attacking. But no...When I went to see what was going on, I found you guys sprawled out on the ground." Jamil said.

"It wasn't by choice, okay?! Vil-senpai used his signature spell on us." The orange haired male said.

"Did he really?"

"Yeah. He cursed the grub in the fridge. Is that scary or what?!" The feline exclaimed.

The white haired male's eyes widen and hid behind the girl, making her twin's eyes narrow, "He put a curse on food?!"

"Now I'm gonna be wonderin' if everything I eat between now and the SDC is cursed. It's got me all paranoid."

"I'm pretty careful about poisons, but I'll have to be extra careful if there was curses involved."

"Anything using magic will leave at least some trace behind, but...Hm." The black haired male trailed off.

"Maybe I could identify it if I brush up on my sensory abilities?" He smiled, stepping out from behind the girl.

"You're not exactly sensitive to start with, you know. Mastering that seems a bit out of your reach."

"Hey, don't say that. You never know until you try!"

"Uh, are we not gonna address the part where Kalim-senpai said something about poison?" Ace said.

"Hm? Oh, it's just that I've had my food poisoned before." He said, smiling, like it was nothing.

"What?!" Ace, Deuce and Epel exclaimed.

"Yeah, that's why I got brought on as his poison tester during the holidays." The feline deadpanned, still in the girl's arms.

"But you can't deny that it was some good food." (Y/n) said.

"I've had some awful experiences with it. Before long, I started being suspicious of pretty much everything I was about to eat. But it's exhausting weighing whether or not you can trust whoever cooks your food, let alone whoever sits at your table. It really got in the way of enjoying a nice meal, you know?" Kalim grinned.

"I can see why." The blue haired male said.

"If I know a dish isn't poisoned in advance, then I can more fully savor it. And if I figure out it's bad as soon as I take a bite, then I can avert a much worse situation...for myself and the other party both."

"The other party?" The lilac haired male said.

"Suppose the food-poisoner sees the error of their ways and realizes they've done something wrong. If I'm already gone, then that wouldn't do them any good, would it? I wouldn't want to deny someone the opportunity to redeem themselves after recognizing the error of their ways. That would just be awful." He said, as Jamil crossed their arms, "The Land of Scalding Sands has more legends than just those of the Sorcerer of the Sands. There is also a tale of a street thief who became king."