Schemer of the Scalding Sands

-3rd POV-

As (Y/n) came in from another late night training session, she went to bed, but then her mind drifted off into another dream. She felt her mouth dry up, 'It feels so dry...Am I in a desert?' She thought, before noticing that she was in fact in a desert.

"You...are late." Jafar said, as he sat on the horse.

"A thousands apologies, O patient one. But I got it!" Gazeem said, flinching under the male's gaze.

"Trust me, my pungent friend. You'll get what's coming to you." He said, before the small little golden beetle began to fly, and he quickly chased after it on the horse, "Quickly! Follow the trail! Faster!" He exclaimed, cracking the reigns.

Soon, the beetle stopped and the sand started to rise.

"At last, after all my years of searching...The Cave of Wonders."

"Awk! Cave of Wonders!" Iago, who was a macaw, said.

"Now, remember—bring me the lamp!" Jafar said.

"Who disturbs my slumber?" The Cave of Wonders spoke.

The everything went dark for the girl, and her eyes fluttered open, seeing that it was now morning, "I've never seen that place before." She mumbled, before getting ready, then headed down with Grim in her arms, and were met with the ghosts.

"Hey, (Y/n). Why so bleary-eyed?" Sora said.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." Cloud said, laughing.

"Today's the last day of the fall semester. Look sharp and don't bungle the landing." Bones said.

"Oh yeah, tomorrow's the first day of the winter holiday. Have you two decided what you'll be doing?" The shortest ghost said.

"Huh? What's a win-ter holly-day?" The feline questioned.

"It's when school lets out for the season. Most students go home to celebrate the new year with their family. They have fancy dinners, too."

"Wait, there's food?!"

"And plenty of it. Roast turkey, pie, a ham as big as your head, you name it...Not that us ghosts can eat, of course." The skinnier ghost said.

Sora nodded, "Some ghosts head home to the netherworld to spend holidays with the family too, y'know."

"Yeah, and some of 'em never come back!" Cloud said, chuckling at the end.

"Spendin' time with the family while gettin' your grub on sounds nice..." The tanuki said, trailing off.

The dual haired girl looked down at them, "Since I speak about my family, what's yours like, Grim?"

"My family? Hmm...I don't remember 'em. I remember wakin' up hungry and alone. It was real cold. I was waitin' out there for someone to come get me for ages. What happened after that again? It's all so foggy..." Grim said, as the girl now felt bad for asking, "But hey, I'm a forward-facin' kinda guy anyway! The future's way cooler than the past! Especially 'cause I'm gonna be a rich and powerful sorcerer!" He laughed.

Sora let out a sniffle, "Awww, poor little Grimmy had it rough!"

"How'd you like to spend the holidays sitting around the fireplace with us?" Bones said.

The feline grinned and and laughed, "If there's good food to be had, consider me ready for some holiday cheer!"

The dual haired girl smiled softly and nodded, "I'll be happy to join." She said, which made the all smile.