The Watchman of the Underworld

-3rd POV-

"Idia!" A raspy voice called out.

"Huh?!" Idia woke up, startled, but wiped his face, feeling tears streaming.

"You're finally awake. Go on, then—get the Cerberus System back online."

"What happened...?" He looked around, "Wait, where's Ortho?"

"...I'm afraid I couldn't save him."

He looked at the person, seeing an older male with the Pomefiore uniform.

"It was all I could do to pull you and Grim out when you fell into the Underworld." He said, looking at the sleeping feline.

He reeled back, "Bwha?! Who are you?!"

"Rude much? It's me, of course. Vil Schoenheit. Don't you see the tiara I'm wearing? You know, the symbol of the Pomefiore housewarden?"

"Wh...Huh? But you're all shriveled."

"Excuse you! I prefer "radiating history and tradition.""

"Vil dove after you guys into the Underworld. That's why he looks like that." Epel said, before looking at the still unconscious girl, who was being carried by Rook.

Idia's eyes widen, "You actually followed me down here? That was stupid reckless..."

"Idia, it's your job to close the Underworld gate and get the Cerberus System running again. That's why I brought you back out." Vil said.

"Man, Vil...Your face used to look like CG, and now it's all wrinkly. Your back's stooped, and your hair's scraggly..." He said, looking at the male.

"Hmph. What of it? Even though I'm grimy, withered, and emaciated...At this exact moment, I am the fairest one of all."

The two Pomefiore students eyes widen.

"Oh, Vil..." The hunter said, smiling.

"I'm waiting, Idia. You made this mess. Now clean it up." The older male said.

"...Fine. We lost, fair and square." He then let out a soft sigh, looking at the gate, "Game, set, match...Gate to the Underworld."

Soon, the door to the gate started closing.

"The gate's closing." Rook said.

"When I followed you into the Underworld...You and Grim came free of Ortho's crumbling form. That's how I got you both out." Vil said.

""You shouldn't come here yet," huh..." The flame haired male smiled softly, "...I'll see you again someday, Ortho."

Then the gate closed.

(Y/n) groaned softly, waking up, making Rook and Epel smile in relief. The hunter soon set her down.

"At least thing'll finally calm down now. Sheesh..." Leona said.

"No kidding. That should stop all the blot coming up from the Underworld. That just leaves..." Jamil trailed off.

"Quickly, Idia. Get the Cerberus System—hrk..." Vil said, slipping a bit.

"Vil!/Vil-san!" Rook and Epel said.

"Oh, relax. I just slipped. I lost a ton of muscle in my legs so my boots are loose."

"You've exhausted your stamina and magic so much that it has altered your appearance. You need to rest and see a medical mage ASAP." Azul said.

"...You're no better off, Azul." Riddle said.

"Ah, Riddle-san. Finally awake, I see."

"Yeah...Still lightheaded, though. I can't believe I embarrassed myself like that in front of you all...How mortifying." He said.