The Merchant from the Depths

-3rd POV-

Jack looked around the VIP room and was extremely shocked by it, "What is this place? Are we really still on school property?" He said, before seeing the vault behind the desk, "Look at that hug vault...It's like some kinda bank."

"All right, that's enough rubbernecking. Please, have a seat." Azul said, extending his hands towards the chairs, as he took his seat, "So, what would you like to discuss with me?"

"I'd like you to free all the students." (Y/n) said, which only made the male chuckle.

"Goodness me. That's quite the demand to make right out the gate. You would ask me to release all 225 students from their contracts with me?"

"You bamboozled that many people?! That's nuts!" The wolf male said.

"Yes, well, Jade and Floyd did a bit of proactive market outstretch this year. Thanks to that, I've had no shortage of clients ready to strike up deals with me." He said, then looked at the girl, "Now, (Y/n)—as for your request to free these students...I am not forcing them to labor under any undue duress. They made a contract with me, and they willingly consented to the terms laid out in the writing. Contracts are ironclad agreements not subject to intervention from outside parties on any emotional bases. "Poor, unfortunate souls" they are not. To put it more bluntly" your protestations will avail you nothing, no matter how much you might kick and scream."

The dual haired girl sighed softly, 'You're gonna hate me for this, Jack...' She thought, before looking at the male, "Fine. Let's make a deal."

"Wait, what?! Have you lost it?!" Jack exclaimed, tugging her arm.

Azul smirked, "Oho. You want to make a deal with me? Now there's an interesting proposal."

Floyd let out a small laugh, "Little Koi-chan's got some guts!" He said.

"Hm. Now, while your interest is duly noted...There's a wee bit of a snag. You see, (Y/n), my understanding is that you have no innate magical power. You're not an heir to any kingdom, but you are gifted with a beautiful voice." He smirked at her, as she blinked at him, "Considering the big ask you're making of me, I would need considerable collateral."

"Such as?" The wolf male said.

"Hm, I don't know..." He looked at the girl, "That power of yours."

(Y/n) blinked at him, "I don't know how to tell you this...but I'm kind of stuck with it." She explained, "In my world, by the time the child turns five, their quirk manifests and are stuck with it till they die. So, I really can't give my quirk to you." She said.

Azul frowned, 'I can't take it? It's embedded into her DNA from the beginning? Her world is very interesting.' He thought, then nodded, "All right....How about the usage rights for Ramshackle Dorm, which is presently under (Y/n)'s supervision?"

"Hey...Was that your whole angle from the—" Jack said, but was suddenly cut off by the door slamming open.

"Sign me up for that!" Grim yelled out.

The girl's eyes widen, "Grim, how long have you been there?"

"I can't take it anymore! My fur ain't for washin' dishes!"

"Ducking out of work to eavesdrop on others is hardly employee-of-the-month behavior, Grim." Jade said, then looked at his twin, "Floyd, eject him."

"Can do!" He said, walking up.

"Now, now. Let's not be hasty, gentlemen." Azul said, making them stop as he looked at the girl, "(Y/n), the lone student at your dorm has weighed in on the matter. What say you? Will you put Ramshackle Dorm up as collateral and make a contract with me?" He smirked, pulling up a golden contract.